AoM issue

I have a problem with Age of Mythology. It won’t start on my PC. I am using windows 7. I already spoke with Microsoft online support and they said I should contact developers. Thats why I am here. I don’t receive any error message. When I try to start the game it shows up in process and after one second it fades away… Can you help me somehow?? I tried run it as administrator, different compabilities, run it in 640x480, reinstall game/computer, windows update still have the same issue.

I have the same issue. I installed the game from my original discs, ran it in compatibility mode (Win XP SP2 and Admin). I’m using an well speced 2014 machine runing windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit.

I have the same issue. I installed the game from my original discs, ran it in compatibility mode. i updated my computer to windows 10 and cant open the game after

Try the following:
Go to the game installation folder. Then go to “Users” folder. Open the active profile with a text editor and change < windowmode > value to 1.

Try this workaround: https://www.howtogeek.com/230773/how-to-play-pc-games-that-require-safedisc-or-securom-drm-on-windows-10-8.1-8-7-and-vista/

It is likely because of secure rom being disabled by a windows update a while back.

(Reenabling the service via the command prompt is the simplest method and should work for you)