AOM worth playing via STEAM?

Hello,

Since AOM is on sale atm, I was wondering if it is worth getting it via steam for multiplayer purposes.

Not really, it is very unstable using steam, there is no support for the game at this point and the expansion is poorly made which brings with it even more problems and unstability.
If you still have the old disc you are better off using Voobly or GameRanger.
Also you can look on the AoM reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/AgeofMythology/

Don’t get me wrong AoM itself is a great game, but the EE version on steam is quite a mess, especially since TOTD.

At $7.49, it’s a bargain. Released in 2002. Whatever suits your fancy. Although I would agree with Smitske.

Thanks guys, I’ve been a fan since it launched and I was looking for some Multiplayer action but the steam reviews pushed me away from it.

id recommend you to get it on a sale (right now probably) its easy to play with friends and so far the only bug ive encountered is that it may crash in the middle of the game but its no problem if you save the game every 5 minutes lol, anyways if you have a cd and no other friends who play aom, stick to the cd.

I also bought this on a sale and up till now I didn’t have any issues so far. I even find the Chinese fun to play actually, a civ that you don’t have when playing with the CD (which I also have). Also with friends on a friday evening we play a few games without issues and had fun every time.

those are good news atm, still deciding

@Otani64 said:
I also bought this on a sale and up till now I didn’t have any issues so far. I even find the Chinese fun to play actually, a civ that you don’t have when playing with the CD (which I also have). Also with friends on a friday evening we play a few games without issues and had fun every time.

They are OP of course they are fun to play with.

@smitske said:

@Otani64 said:

They are OP of course they are fun to play with.

Yeah but I had the same feeling when playing with the Atlanteans when the first expansion came out. I had difficulties defeating Egyptians with Norse and Greeks, but with Atlanteans it was a walk in the park.

Yeah, but mostly said that. Is broken.

The game is good and if it is on sale I would recommend getting it. WHat Smitske says is correct, there is a lack of support and TOTD definitly needs balancing but all in all I like the game.