API for AoE DE

Will there be an API available for the game?

What would you like to see from such an API?

@Eaglemut said:
What would you like to see from such an API?

Hey Eaglemut,

So if you’re asking about technical specifications of the API - I’m still a developer noobie and don’t know enough to tell you. If you’re asking about what kind of endpoints I want to see…basically as many game stats as possible so that I could build some cool stat tracking tools, the riot API for league is not a bad example.

I am also thinking of an API with which it is possible to manipulate the game, so it would be much easier to create mods.

Great idea.

Assuming there will be a ranked component (I haven’t had much time to read all the information) - then an API for end-game statistics and subsequently player ranking information based on these games would be great. Think of all of the information on the end of game recap screen & tabs, this would be an excellent start which could then be used to generate other statistical information such as “Average Gold per Game” etc.

I build and work on API’s daily, and also have experience in tracking game stats (think back when Dota was on WC3) so would be happy to contribute ideas to this on how it can be done right.

Yeah, I was thinking of endpoints. Stats and ranks sound nice guys!

@arkin said:
Assuming there will be a ranked component (I haven’t had much time to read all the information) - then an API for end-game statistics and subsequently player ranking information based on these games would be great. Think of all of the information on the end of game recap screen & tabs, this would be an excellent start which could then be used to generate other statistical information such as “Average Gold per Game” etc.

I build and work on API’s daily, and also have experience in tracking game stats (think back when Dota was on WC3) so would be happy to contribute ideas to this on how it can be done right.

Awesome!