April 2018 Submission Thread

Please post your entries below. The full blog post with entry requirements and a link to the Official Rules can be found here.

Good luck everyone!

Finally something for me. Here is my Haiku; it is called:

Definition of Love

I’ll find you where I’m,

Thou my memories, & the air;

your hint is shelter.

Today I would like to share with you an epic piece called “Aetas de imperiis” that I have translated to English. It tells a tale of a poet who challenges a priest to a battle of poems. The poem details the events leading up to the battle and not the poems themselves.

Translating their poems to English does not give the poems enough credit. So I have found an image of their poems inscribed into clay. I have also found images of the tapestry showing the event, it shows the tradition of having villagers of the state to gather around and witness the event as well as a high priest to judge their poems.

Here is the Villagers poem:

Here is the Priests poem:

With both poems now spoken, the high priest must now judge. But it is clear who has won.

The priest is victorious this day.

@Epid I like both of your haiku, very good and funny.
@CoolestGaia yours is romantic, very nice.

My bad it appears I mistranslated the haiku.
“We stand before the God(s)” should be “We stand before God(s)”
and
“To battle in poems” should be “To duel in poems” or “Battle in poems” depending on how you translate it.

Sorry :smiley:

It was not easy to get a meaning in a 17 syllable poem. Age of Empires IV!!! WOOO Hype Hype Hype :smile:

I am very excited for the new Age of Empires!

Time is passing by
New Empires will soon emerge
Elated we are!

Well who es we? We refers to the Age community and all the fans.

@WandBrunnen1049 WOWOWOWOW!

As the weary daimyo leaned against the trunk of the tree and watched the cherry blossoms falling around him, his thoughts turned to his recent string of military defeats. How could these be explained? It could not be his army or his skills as a general. No, there must be other explanations. Being a man of great artistic talent, his thoughts naturally took the form of poetry.

I present:

Excuses: A collection of Haiku

A graceless hillock
Near my Town Centre arose.
I shall abdicate!

All citizenry
At the beginning were male.
I shall abdicate!

To hunt a fierce boar
A peasant sent; it slew him.
I shall abdicate!

Far too many birds
Over mine kingdom did fly.
I shall abdicate!

–Brynn

It was not easy to get a meaning in a 17 syllable poem. Age of Empires IV!!! WOOO Hype Hype Hype
:smile:

I am very excited for the new Age of Empires!

Time is passing by
New Empires will soon emerge
Elated we are!

Well who is “we”? We refers to the Age community and all the fans.
Sorry for that mistake and I think I posted the picture version of my Haiku in a wrong way, because it just shows as small file at the bottom. Sorry for that, I hope you still like it :blush:

@BrynnOfCastlegate very nice sir/madame.

Please gift me the game
I really love A-O-E
But I can’t Afford
:’(

Last minute entry
lots of effort did it take
Give me free games please :smiley:

oh wait i just realized there’s 24 hours more doh! (different time zones xD)

I’m sure most of us have been this player at one stage.
I think the haiku and accompanying imagery will speak for itself.

I had a second version of the haiku which follows a more uncommon pattern and chose the above one as my submission for the unfamiliarity of the latter’s pattern. It is a technically correct haiku however, so I thought I’d share it nonetheless.

I have built many
castles. Just try to invade.
Oh shoot, trebuchets…

I reiterate that this second haiku is NOT my submission. My submission is the haiku in the image.