Arabia is very open nowadays. something wrong?

arabia is very open nowadays. something wrong?

Arabia used to have 4 woodlines that could be used to very easily wall early game, essentially making rushes very hard or downright useless. People got sick of playing this makeshift palisade arena, so the devs changed the map gen of arabia to have 3 woodlines instead of 4, along with making the berries spawn further from the TC as well as a couple of other balance changes to walling and deer spawn locations. Its now how the map is intended to be played as, rewarding early aggression and long feudal wars instead of walling and booming under 4 TC’s till late imperial.

11 Likes

Something was wrong: The map was too wallable. Now it is fixed and more open.

6 Likes

I like the current arabia. Sometimes wallable, sometimes not. You gotta know to play both styles

4 Likes

Its now made to encourage players to learn how to quick wall. :joy:

2 Likes

this has been like this for months as they removed a woodline from arabia in an effort to promote more offense and less walling.

2 Likes

It’s not like walling suddenly disappeared, it’s just that something like a scout rush has a chance to hit before the map becomes hideout. Before that only drush and maybe m@a could.

Quick walls are so good you can’t pass them up. Currently people quickwall because of scouts, but before that they would quickwall because of drush.

It’s made to encourage any strategy that isn’t drush-fc (that is still good but was very oppressive)

If you want an open map, pick Arabia. If you like to be walled, pick Arena (or Hideout or Hill Fort or…)

In the past, Arabia was too easy to wall. By the time Feudal Age kicked in both players were often fully walled, making it into a palisade Arena game (with less wood but you get the point).

6 Likes

really laughed at this! thanks! :rofl:

at 1350-1450 good luck having a scout rush reaching vils.

only very fast MAA has a chance

2 Likes

It’s too open nowadays. More annoying is how far the sheep are away

1 Like

Black Forest has become very open too and you need to wall a lot of choke-points on most map generations.

1 Like

I don’t have trouble finding my sheep anymore, while before the change they were suuuuper far away for some reason.

4 Likes

ridiculously open. as if its serengetti or something. unplayable for me.

arabia was always supposed to be an open map, they changed it to actually be an open map instead of just arabiarena

5 Likes

I go scouts all the time at this elo and it’s fine, the current map generation makes it difficult to full wall in time. Just go up earlier, do 19/20pop instead of the 21/22pop builds in tutorials :+1:

1 Like

black forest is too open also nowadays. something wrong?

Black Forest map generation is completely broken in DE.

1 Like

It is broken, I usually have to re-roll maps almost a hundred times to get a decent map on Black Forest.

1 Like