Are we expecting an update including "Porto" today/tomorrow?

I remember they say ‘soon’ in November 2021…

1 Like

A roadmap could have been announced for January/February… but we are now almost in the middle of March. 1/4 of 2022 will soon be over.

leaving the fans sitting for so long is really not great.
either the plans suddenly changed… or they are taking too long to produce.
anyway, fortgotten empires isn’t a small team of 5 people lel

5 Likes

Would be better to just say: “Hey guys we are working on the roadmap and some new content but we need a little more time until we are able to announce it.” instead of saying nothing for 4 months.

20 Likes

I would suggest to wait till the war ends… and you know which war I mean

Why that has something to do with the upcoming DLC?

3 Likes

I guess if you really want to wait for the end of something, it would be the end of N4C, as maybe they are going to announce a bunch of stuff at the end like they did for LotW during one of the RBW cups.

1 Like

It’d say it’s smth like “the world is busy with something else right now. If we want the announcement to be heard it’s the best to wait a little bit.”

But that doesn’t make any sense, then the Age of Queens Showmatch and PuP for AOE 4 wouldn’t be announced and the first one was even streamed at the official Xbox channel.

4 Likes

Definitely don’t want to release that requires money when the world is in an economic crisis. Also Russia is a big market for microsoft

I really don’t think that the war has anything to do with delaying the DLC announcement. Forgotten Empires started to hire new people on 6th of December, some of the positions are still not taken according to their website so chances are good that they just need time to develop the DLC.

Who knows when this war ends? I don’t think Microsoft waits with releasing games/new content until this conflict is settled, makes no sense to me.

2 Likes

Porto DLC was planned before any knew war was going to happen. I don’t think they will wait for the war to end. There has been a low intensity conflict on the territory of Ukraine since 2014.

Thats the thing… they planned the dlc release without keeping the war in mind, but as this started they had to change their plan and delay the release. Low-intensity wars don’t actually have a global effect

1 Like

I hope so (20 chars)

Maybe the DLC included something with the long awaited Viking stand alone campaign during the time of the Ruriks and the Kievan-Rus.

1 Like

You’re right, unless Porto includes the Rus as a new civ. Then it would certainly be a bad timing…

But i dont actually think the war has anything to do with the release date, and i am actually fine with them not releasing new stuff every other month.

5 Likes

Even if it did the devs should not give in to modern geo politics are delay a medieval game.but then again we dont have tibet yet.

3 Likes

The probability that there is something East-Europe related in the DLC is so low anyway, since it’s the theme of the previous one…

2 Likes

The today/tomorrow is gone for 3 days now. And guess what? Nothing.

3 Likes

The Rus are already perfectly represented I believe

I imagine something that could actually happem is that they make a Slavic campaign about the Russian tzars. Maybe it could even include Crimean Tatars

1 Like

But really, why would they do that. Not only the latest expansion is eastern europe themed but the Last Khans is as well. They even have a campaign about a Bulgarian tsar that fights the Tatars 1111

1 Like