Armor/Attack Type Bug in Scenario Editor

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 56005
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
The Armor/Attack Type does not seem to work anymore. I was testing it in the scenario editor on an archer unit with 0 melee and pierce armor. I added 10 melee armor (Armor Type = 4) and added 5 pierce armor (Armor Type = 3). Therefore, the armor should appear as 0+10/0+5 when selecting the archer, but I get 0+15/0+15. It seems that the Armor/Attack Type is no longer working properly and that the values for the melee and pierce armor are adding together.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
Not sure what the steps would be, but I am assuming it is an easy fix.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The armor for the archer should have been 0+10/0+5, not 0+15/0+15

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: *Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
Can’t upload because new users can not upload attachments apparently, sorry.

thanks for reporting this bug.
This bug is the worst case scenario for my campaigns. A LanParty is planned in 2 weeks with campaigns, all of which are unplayable due to this bug. Please bring out a quick bug fixing. Due to the bug, many other campaigns are also unplayable.

Hello,
this is luckily already tracked issue, thanks for the report nonetheless.
Have a nice day.

Do you already know, when the next update will release?
And will this bug be fixed then?

I would like to know too. Pierce and melee armor plays an important role in the scenario I’m designing. I hope that this is patched in the next update (hopefully this month).

Hey, so I think I found a temporary solution to this problem (thanks to this YouTube video). Set Attack/Armor Type to 0 and try this formula for the Quantity box: Attack/Armor Type * 256 + Amount. So for my archer example, to get 10 melee armor, I did 4 * 256 + 10 = 1034, and to get 5 pierce armor, I did 3 * 256 + 5 = 773. I was able to get 0+10/0+5!

Source: How to Edit Attack and Armor Types in Age of Empires 2: DE [Temporary Fix] - YouTube

1 Like