Arrow-Physics makes the game look cheap

It will depend on the details. As an example the trebuchet has a chance to miss. Also the mangonel etc.
If a system for arrows of hitting/not hitting is a well thought trough process it will add extra depth to the game, and that is something i would welcome.

1 Like

The mangonel does not have a ā€œmiss chanceā€. It is just possible to dodge. Itā€™s like a projectile in AoE2 that has both thumb ring and ballistics researched.

I really think they should have done the same thing to trebuchet projectiles and maybe lower their damage against units a tiny bit more if necessary.

I would not mind all projectiles behaving in that manner, however the AoE 2 way before those techs is just as silly as homing projectiles. It would probably fix the weird trajectories too.

1 Like

trebs are shooting to unmoving targets imagine your target runing around or runs away from you it can become frustrating but maybe it will be better like you said so we should test it with mods

1 Like

AoE4 always trying to reduce the micros as much as possible. We can see that in the patch notes. I donā€™t think theyā€™ll ever add any dodging mechanic to the game.

1 Like

They actually just did add it. Archer ships arrows can be dodged.

1 Like

Itā€™s probably for killing demo ship masses so players canā€™t slip the demo ships away while the arrow ships overkill only one. I donā€™t think they have added that so land units can dodge.

1 Like

Yes, I think thatā€™s how the game should go, the sea was amazing with the new mechanics!!!

For the defensive structures it would be interesting to do the same thing as the Arrows of archer ships!!!

I understand you, but for defensive structures it would be interesting to follow this example of the Arrows of the archer ships!!!

1 Like

Actually archer ships have low accuracy even for standing units. There was a video of beasty trying to shoot a group of villagers standing and missing every attacks. But I know uā€™re not meaning that.

The big problem with arrows is not in the land units but in the defensive structures!!!

I said i got what you mean, but arrow ships mechanic is not a good example because their shots has low accuracy. If you put exact some mechanic on a keep; the arrows falls on random points around targets, only few of them can hit the target by luck. Do you want dodgable arrows or low accuracy, they re different things.

1 Like

Might be avoidable arrows

2 Likes

Ups, you are right!

We will see how it will evolveā€¦

Yup it just needs some time and testing, thatĀ“s all. Most importantly it is already a great and fun game with huge potential of expanding it in my opinion!

2 Likes

I really would appreciate better Arrows and highground advantage :slight_smile:

2 Likes