Arrows effect on ground

Why there are not more arrows on terrain!?
In the Beta version they were present.

I loved them, like in the original AoE II.

I WANT THEM BACK!!!

13 Likes

they removed this too? the corpses decay into skeletons… the arrows, -.- sriusly wtf?

hope they add them

6 Likes

This is actually a big breaker since this was something typical and unique to the series…
Actually it is a shame to remove this - for me as a fan of archery units a game breaker!

5 Likes

I suppose it’s a bug like the missing death sounds. The decaying corpses seem to be intented.

2 Likes

Yes yes yes. If it’s for performance reasons just make it a toggle?

4 Likes

But… are devs actually reading this forum or is it just a dump hole for our requests/ideas?

3 Likes

@CurvedShark1977 The Age of Empires team and the Forgotten Empires team are indeed reading these forums and noting bug reports and suggestions.

2 Likes

I have to note, that developers respondence to posts in this forum has been extremely minimal and I don’t even know, which issues they are treating as bugs, which they are going to fix. They were more active in beta forums in that regard.
To suggestions they almost never responded even in beta forums :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Game Version:

• Build: 101.101.32911.0 4395365 & 101.101.33059.0 4403463
  • Platform: Steam

Issue:

One of the great “features” for me was that projectiles like arrows, pikes etc. stuck in the ground - maybe removed for perfomance issues? Maybe add an option to switch on/off?
I really want them back since this removes a lot of the AoE2 feeling…

See also here (with screenshot): Arrows effect on ground

2 Likes

Yes please please add this. It added so much depth into the game when thousands of arrows from my longbowmen, chukonu stuck to the ground. It also helped the gameplay by making us guess who could have killed our unit…

Please add this dev. Hope this is just a bug and not intentionally removed.

3 Likes

I did post on this a few months ago but the post/page is gone now… I looked hard.
Developer did chime in at that time and he said they are tracking the arrows going through the ground and that arrows in water DO work. So I actually came to the forum today just to discuss this topic.

Hey guys, I just found something really cool regarding the december update:

Aside of the big highlights, they seem to have fixed the missing arrows on the ground.

arrows on the ground:
aoe2de_dec2019_patch_AI - Kopie

here is the original picture:

2 Likes

WOW, how did you find this out?

1 Like

The screenshot is attached to the anouncement post.