As a Community we should focus on important things

Yes, we don’t need new taunts, icons or event. When multiplayer is so utterly broken. :kissing:

Optional language filter
Stable connectivity and lobbies
Good pathfinding

No more sheep events.

8 Likes

imo the problem is we can only talk so much about those issues? watch this:

Op opens topic: i keep crashing in MP.
user 1 responds: me2
user 2 responds: me2

and hopefully u get my point

but look how much we can discuss if we dont discuss all those broken things (which we literally have zero power to change), and the devs are 95% likely to already know about, but cant just tap a magic wand a repair…

thus the forum looks like it does…

anyway here’s my quick fix list for your list of issues:

1. play with fewer players 1v1 or 2v2, logically lower chance someone will crash and ruin the game
  2. i only rush or post imp flood with infantry, otherwise i use ranged units and abuse the poor pathfinding, and rage quit when my knights refuse to patrol into the enemy
  3. last time i looked top tier players still micro like lunatics, so dont get your point, yes its hard selecting a vil building a castle, but then i click drag
  4. 1v1 and 2v2, again means lower chance of facing a cheater, or just drop and start again
  5. omfg i hate the patrol bug, but how much can we complain about it?? i rage quit almost every time it happens, but it wotn help complaining about it to my lovely brothers here…

You just nailed it my friend, this game built a lot of expectations and a lot of us came back to the game because of that, a lot of my friends didn’t have a gaming pc that could run the best graphic settings and they spent the money for a pc that could handle the game, just so that we realice that this is far from being a finish product? That is even lacking some of the basic substances of the original mix? (like the hit boxes you mention and units getting stuck) it’s very very, VERY disappointing… Is like when your gf breaks your heart, or even worse!

4 Likes

So true ! THANK YOU for saying all that ! I’ve playing this for a long time, love the game, love DE, but :

• that hitbox for buildings is CRAP. You cant even properly deny a castle if you’re unlucky and that has nothing to do with skills.
  • crashes are a huge problem with the new patch, was OK before. Now 1 out of 2 games dont even start.
  • pathfinding is bad since the release.

PLEASE STOP BALANCING CIV AND DO COMESTICS THINGS, PLEASE ADRESSE THESE PROBLEMS ! We love the game.

1 Like

Dude… We can complaining because we paid a game that was playable until 2 months and now the same company that sell us do it unplayable.
I dont understand the people that just put in order to defend a big Company like MS who is doing a bad job. If Microsoft can’t fixit, what we should expect for the rest companies? Please friend, dont be conformist.

Also, fyi, exist the concept of “rollback” in IT. Everyone that works programming or as a Sysadmin know that Microsoft should get an older version of the game that was more stable (like in March 2020). So… the “magic wand” should be the rollback.

I 100% agree with you on the topic but the title should say As a Dev team we should focus on important things,as a community we cant do anything to fix the current problem.

I really miss the good old days when we paid for something we get a physical copy and dont need to upgrade things every month :frowning:

Does someone know if it’s possible to tag a Dev to see if they respond here, any updates about the 5 issues?

There was a hotfix couple of days ago, which fixed crashes for many people and also had anti-cheating measures

They are always around reading. They probably cant answer more than we are working on it tho.

1. i thought this fixed this a bit since hotfix… but still experiencing crashes and error messages during matchmaking proces. Also in game im experiences freezes, stutters and crashes (not only me but also players im playing with and against). I would also include the lag and frame drops. while your pc says the game is running at 60 fps you are in practise playing on 6 because apperently someone else is lagging the game… well that shouldnt really be happening.

2. the pathfinding is indeed the worst ive ever experienced on age or any other game. Not only the melee units but also your eco units are just stupid. If you watch them you often see them doing things like this:

• one stone miner wanting to drop walks into a stone miner wo wants to get back to the stone… they keep blocking eachother with wiggling to the left and right for seconds and seconds, often i just micromanage that shitt because they are just useless units if you dont.
  • you also see alot of times a villager blocked by other villagesr while you think he can easily pass. He will stand there wanting to drop off wood for sooo long (sometimes they can pass if you micro it)
  • just the bumping is insane.

Indeed the melee units pathing is just so so so yea… and even when u get them in the right position to fight you really have to pay close attention just to make sure more than 3 out of 20 paladins are fighting. While the opponent put his archers in a corner shooting all of them, sometimes they dont even need a corner. its kinda always happening.

1. I totally agree with the hitboxes. You cant quick built, or attack units behind castle foundations and other foundations.

2. other bugs including the lobby bugs, the amout of time me and friends have to rehost lobby games because the game wont start or people are unable to join is still really insane.

i dont trust they will fix it. Its just too much at this point. They didnt fix the problems this game had from the start and now we are at a point that it seems like the game has more problems than ever before. I kinda lost faith they ever going to care and invest in their dev team because at this point the game doesnt seem fixable with just a small team doing some patches once in a while.

They promised you a finished game… They actually just lied to the consumers lets be real:p

1 Like

Do you expect daily patches?
We are getting monthly patches and hotfixes.

Pretty sure each game has bugs at launch
I’m ok with the current situation, but they should try to fix some issues like the whole pathfinding issues.

Still, some issues were there since 20 years ago.

Battlefront 2 from EA eventually turned into an ok game

1 Like

well if your defense of some issues are that they are 20 years old… well i dont really see that as a defense at all. but i know the bumping and stupid vills were common on previous editions as well, but it just seems its worse on this version

The game is not ‘‘at’’ launch. Launch was november 2019… And sure some games experiecing alot of bugs at launch, but it should be enjoyable to play or not sold as a finished game. The game was in my experience more playbable during launch than it is now.

I expect patches when its just plain clear the game is far from living up to the promised standards. i dont need updates or patches when the multiplayer experience can be considered as sufficient

Honestly after star wars fallen order I hold EA higher in opinion then Bioware (yes I know they are EA but anthem and Andromeda did not impress), Bethesda, and Blizzard.

Well, I respected them for Doom franchise.

But id made it. So…

I had 40 FPS at that time, now it never drops below 60

But December update gave me 120. There’s that,

You brought the whole “finished product” argument, which isn’t accurate for most games

2 Likes

Someone else dropping in 4v4?

Thats nice that they improved the FPS, for me personally i had more fun times playing it because i didnt experience the same amout of crashes as last weeks

about the ‘‘finished product’’. You can just read the features on steam when you buy it. they are not telling you they will add the named features later. The fact that some other game studios also lack the decency to actually have the features properly working is also ridiculous and doesnt make it any better.

If you buy a Samsung smart TV in a store and the smart functions are shutting down 20% of the time and you ask Samsung or the store why they gave you a semi defect smart tv/ And they respond with something like: yeah well, we know but thats just how we sell our products. BTW sony is also selling a smart TV that doesnt properly work, so what are you complaining about? We are working on it but we wont give you any further details about when we will fix it and maybe we wont fix it at all. But thats alright too right? because at least you have some smart functions now! your old TV didnt have any smart functions at all so its still an upgrade! be happy!

The fact that a game is just a small price makes people care less i guess, but its just common deceny to deliver the product as advertiseed…

At this point i know multiple people who quit the game because of this. I also am not very eager anymore to play. in the end it will really hurt the competitive community especially, it wont reach its full potential if these problem keep exsisting

This is a different situation, since a defective TV cannot be fixed without spendung money,

If the community had HD version running for 6 years, I think DE can survive for at least 15.
Now, I’m not saying the game is great. It needs addressing for the issues.

But the issues (except the crashes and DCs) are not making it unplayable.

1 Like

I dont think its that different :p.

I agree DE and the age community will surve for alot of years to come, but the current problems are holding back the potential growth of the community. Some ‘‘older members’’, myself included, already play less and newer members or people who just wanna try the online experience will get scared away if they face these problems consistently.