As a Community we should focus on important things

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32019L0770

This legislation has to be implemented by 1 january 2022 in EU memberstates. Memberstates are of course free to implement it earlier… I am really hopefull it will force the gaming industry in being more honest and more easier forced into delivering a promised game. It gives more clear rules than we have now about confirmity, forcing the trader into bringing the digital product into confirmity, reduction of price and refunds

Just be aware some of these rights already exsist and Steam and the gaming industry isnt a Wild West, even if it looks that way. Consumers already have some rights but under the current legislation its kinda hard for everyone to figure out how consumers are protected when buying games. This legislation will give further protection and more clearity. Its important we are aware of the protection we have as consumers, the fact its a billion dollar company doesnt mean they can do what they want :slight_smile:

we are hopefully living in the last years where there is no big backlash when a game is published full of crashes and bugs. I hope that this legislation will increase the risks of profit losses if they publish faulty games and that it will result in more honest advertising and maybe better products. Also forcing to give consumers price reduction probably becomes easier if they dont repair the game in a reasonable time frame (like 7 months after release,… looking at you Age) .

If we want things fixed we dont longer need to pray and beg the industry instead we can force the trader to give us what we were promised. Please let it be true haha

Just wanted to put this one down as it happens often that games are just faulty when they are released without giving you a warning or anything and i think a gaming community using legal arguments aswell will be more effective than the begging and hoping we do now.

1 Like

Somehow I really doubt this unless AOE4 is even worse.

AOE2 will always be a classic

3 Likes

So is Super Mario Bros. But I no longer have a desire to play it every day. Any game can decline.

I could see AoE4 easily overtaking AoE2 if it is done better. I would gladly transition and never touch AoE2 again if just the ranked system alone was improved.

Nah, AOE2 will always remain a classic.

I’m already happy if AOE4 doesn’t fail horribly like Dawn of War 3 did.

Relic fail miseribly with DoW 3, now they have something to proove. I think they want make this as good as possible.

Lol I think you missed the point.
Classic? Always. Always widely played? That can go away very quickly if not managed correctly.

As a developersteam we should focus on imporant things…