Attack move is bugged

surely u all seen the circling of units upon hitting attack move.

you can NOT attack move forward or ur units will circle, and NOT hit any enemy units just dance. you have to use attack move BACKWARDS in order for them to engage.

attack move is currently ■■■■■■ man, please fix this ■■■■ devs.

it took me many ■■■■■■■ battles to realize this but attack move had never been like that in previous aoess.

you hit attack move forward, they engage to whatever unit is closest, even if the attack move is used on ■■■■■■■ units.

apparently the way coders coded this ■■■■ was, if you use attack move while targetting a enemy unit, they’ll all dance until they can get to that unit and it should dismiss the click on the unit, rather engage to whatever unit is closest.

i just cant comprehend how supposedly something this ■■■■■■ hadn’t been brought up man.

so now i’m having to readjust mentally and remember oh right can’t attack move forward… facepalm man. just facepalm.

fix this ■■■■

5 Likes

If you target a specific unit, then that’s not attack move, you’re telling all your units to attack that one thing. Attack move towards your enemy by right clicking the map works just fine as it does in any RTS.

10 Likes

It sounds like you are clicking on a specific unit when you try to attack move. That results in your units trying to attack that specific unit. That’s expected behavior.

Probably because it seems to actually work fine and not be bugged.

Maybe it would be better though if they changed the functionality so that an attack command on an enemy was different than a right click on that enemy.

4 Likes

This has happened to me twice now and makes no sense and even after right clicking on a unit the unit still continued to dance.

I have not experienced this bug, attack move works as expected for me.

1 Like

Attack move works perfectly fine for me. If your units are dancing around, then they have specific attack orders. My only issue with attack move is that units should ignore buildings

6 Likes

I agree attack move is a bit bugged atm, but you should make that thread on the bug report section as we don’t really know if devs will read this on the discussion section

1 Like

Hey, I hope they would add an option, to attack move on the cursor. That can be found from Moba games such as League of legends. This mean that attack move will happen close to cursor, not close to unit. Now it’s pretty impossible to micro archer units and hit rear line archers when some melee infantry is standing in between and taking agro because they are closest.

Attack move works just fine, maybe you are right clicking instead of left clicking. Its so good I can micro speed boosted HRE crossbows vs MAA and delete em by moving then attack moving and repeating the process.

is there a way to make the attack move action start just by pressing Q instead of pressing Q + left click ?

1 Like

No, a quick cast option like that would be nice though.

1 Like

Now there seems to be problem with Mangonels and right click attack. It’s not working !?!
Very frustrating to try to micro mangonels

1 Like

Yeah, or maybe something like Ctrl or Shift + Right Mouse could be attack move.

There are even parody articles about it now
Dear Age Of Empires 4 Archer Ignoring The War To Fire Arrows At A Field Of Wheat: I Feel You, Man (thegamer.com)

1 Like

LoL good article, this explains the issue, Attack move should always try to find nearest target to command. This is commonly in use for multiple MOBA games. Of course option to have 2 different kind of attack moves would be best for micro management.
1st attack move functioning to closest target near the commanded cursor area. (searching area close to pointed area)
2nd function as it is. This would allow to micro spears and archers separately. Instead of overkilling one unit with 50 archers…
These basic micro commands can significantly increase combat responsiveness.

I have personally found that 1st type attack move in games is generally best in most of the situations.

Please check my latest comment and clarify. To me it seems, It’s not function like that atm.
…And then we can agree with my proposal …