Attack Move Problem

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 99311
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Pathfindings become wrong. Units who are farced to do attack move go to a completely different direction and don’t attack.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED
STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. direct units to do attack move for attacking enemy

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Units do attack move correctly.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
While attack moving each other…

Few seconds later…

Even in “mangudai madness” , mangudai who be farced to do attack move sometimes go wrong direction immediately by 90 degree.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

I have also encountered this just now playing mangudai madness. Attack move sending them 90 degrees away from the direction clicked.

Also continues to be regrouping bug where you click back but they just run straight forward into enemies and die…

I can’t upload my game, even though I’ve had an account for ages, because I’m a ‘new user’ apparently, whatever that means and I don’t feel comfortable sharing my onedrive on a public forum. Not sure why its mad so difficult to report bugs.

1 Like

I have also encountered this. Instead of attacking the villager I clicked, my scout moved into a different direction and started attacking another villager.

just for clarity, did u use attack move putting the mouse past the enemy units as if ur units had to walk across them to get there? or attack moved somewhere else (wrong usage)

thats another different issue altogether. that problem has been in the game for a long time now and the work around is with the unit you wish to attack, ctrl + right click is the only way they stay on chosen target.

this one is about attack move rather than right clicking a target

this is 0% related to the issue at hand

i have also had the same with patrol, only after last patch

Yes, I put my mouse past the enemy units each other (Red is E3-P2.ai) in those pic above. I wanted to test unit status like MikeEmpires doing.

Hello everyone, thanks for the report. Would any of you have a video and / or record games at hand?
That would greatly help us.

Thank you!

1 Like

Here (that’s my first video haha. ty for providing a nice experience)

I think this is caused by Attack Move + Stand Ground. When I retested it with attack stance, this bug wasn’t occur. Btw unit who finished attacking with attack move stops in this video, is that fine?

Other bugs with Attack Move I’ve seen are
“light cavalry goes through enemy (no attack with attack move)”
“Mangudai goes wrong direction with attack move”
but it’s rarer than above and Idk how to reproduce in detail, so anyone plz post other videos.

2 Likes

lmao this reminds me the total war morale system, soldiers running away

1 Like