Attention,please. Some important suggestions

I am a ten years AOE fan. I am also a game designer for 5 years. I love this game and want it would be better,so I will give some suggestions. And I will update it continually.
My English is not very good,so I write in Chinese .If necessary,I will translate it to English.
Please tell it to AOE game designers and developers . Thanks very much.
å¸å›½æ—¶ä»£é‡ç½®ç‰ˆçš„ä¸¤å¤§ç›®æ ‡ï¼šå¸å¼•æ–°çŽ©å®¶åŠ å…¥å’Œå¸å¼•è€çŽ©å®¶å›žå½’ã€‚
前者需要游戏做出一些改变,而后者需要游戏在某些方面和原来的版本保持一致。
å¸å¼•æ–°çŽ©å®¶åŠ å…¥è¦åšçš„æ˜¯ï¼Œä¼˜åŒ–æ¸¸æˆå†…çš„æç¤ºå’Œå¼•å¯¼ï¼Œåœ¨æ¸¸æˆèŠ‚å¥å’Œå¹³è¡¡æ€§ä¸Šåšä¸€äº›æ”¹å˜ã€‚
å¸å¼•è€çŽ©å®¶å›žå½’éœ€è¦åšçš„æ˜¯ï¼Œåœ¨è‰ºæœ¯é£Žæ ¼ä¸Šï¼Œå’ŒåŽŸæ¥çš„æ¸¸æˆä¿æŒä¸€è‡´æ€§ï¼Œä¸»è¦åŒ…æ‹¬ç¾Žæœ¯é£Žæ ¼å’ŒéŸ³ä¹ã€‚
具体的建议:
1.æ¸¸æˆå†…çš„å•ä½ã€ç§‘æŠ€ï¼Œåœ¨å‰ç½®æ¡ä»¶ä¸è¶³çš„æ—¶å€™ä¹Ÿè¦ç”¨é˜´å½±å½¢å¼æ˜¾ç¤ºå‡ºæ¥ï¼Œä¸èƒ½ç‚¹å‡»ï¼Œä½†æ˜¯é¼ æ ‡æ‚¬åœä¸ŠåŽ»ä¼šæ˜¾ç¤ºéœ€è¦çš„æ¡ä»¶ï¼Œå°±åƒæ˜Ÿé™…äº‰éœ¸æ‰€åšçš„é‚£æ ·ã€‚è¿™ä¸€ç‚¹æ˜¯éžå¸¸é‡è¦çš„ï¼Œå› ä¸ºä¸€ä¸ªæ–°çŽ©å®¶å®Œå…¨ä¸äº†è§£åŽé¢èƒ½ç”Ÿäº§ä»€ä¹ˆæ ·çš„å•ä½ã€å‡çº§ä»€ä¹ˆæ ·çš„ç§‘æŠ€ï¼Œä¸çŸ¥é“è‡ªå·±è¯¥åšä»€ä¹ˆã€‚å±•ç¤ºç»™ä»–ä»¬ç›®æ ‡ï¼Œä»–ä»¬å°±çŸ¥é“è‡ªå·±æƒ³è¦ä»€ä¹ˆï¼Œä»¥åŠæ€Žä¹ˆåŽ»èŽ·å¾—å®ƒã€‚
2.å¯¹æ¯ä¸ªå•ä½ç‰¹ç‚¹æ›´å¥½çš„æè¿°å’Œä»‹ç»ã€‚å¯¹äºŽä¸€ä¸ªæ–°çŽ©å®¶ï¼Œä»–ä¸å¤ªä¼šæ˜Žç™½é“ ç”²å›¾æ ‡è¡¨ç¤ºæŠµæŠ—è¿‘ç¨‹æ”»å‡»çš„æŠ¤ç”²ï¼Œè€Œåœ†ç›¾å›¾æ ‡è¡¨ç¤ºæŠµæŠ—è¿œç¨‹æ”»å‡»çš„æŠ¤ç”²ã€‚ä»–ä¹Ÿä¸ä¼šçŸ¥é“ï¼Œéª†é©¼å…µå¯¹éª‘é©¬çš„å•ä½é€ æˆé¢å¤–ä¼¤å®³ï¼Œä»¥åŠéª‘å…µå¯¹å…µè¥å•ä½é€ æˆé¢å¤–ä¼¤å®³ã€‚æ‰€ä»¥ï¼Œåœ¨ç‚¹å‡»é€‰æ‹©éª†é©¼å…µå’Œéª‘å…µæ—¶ï¼Œæœ‰å¿…è¦åœ¨ä¸‹æ–¹çš„ç•Œé¢ä¸Šæè¿°ä»–ä»¬çš„è¿™äº›ç‰¹æ€§ã€‚å…¶ä»–çš„åŒ…æ‹¬ï¼Œè¿œç¨‹å•ä½æ”»å‡»ç§»åŠ¨å•ä½æ—¶ï¼Œå¯èƒ½ä¸ä¼šå‘½ä¸­ã€‚æˆ˜è±¡ã€é•°åˆ€æˆ˜è½¦ä¼šé€ æˆèŒƒå›´ä¼¤å®³ï¼Œè€Œä¸”ä¼šä¼¤å®³ç›Ÿå‹çš„å•ä½ã€‚æŠ•çŸ³æœºå¯èƒ½ä¼šä¼¤å®³åˆ°è‡ªå·±çš„å•ä½ï¼Œç­‰ç­‰ã€‚
3.合适的新手教学关卡。当我刚开始玩这个游戏的时候,我很难了解每个兵种的特点、每个民族的特点,甚至不知道基本的操作。如果帝国时代想要获得更多的新玩家,很有必要把这些教给他们。我建议,可以把历史战役和基本操作、兵种特点、民族特点结合起来。
例如,设置一个波斯消灭吕底亚的关卡,通过这个关卡告诉玩家,波斯的特色兵种是骆驼骑士,并且骆驼骑士可以克制骑马的部队。
4.å‰æœŸçš„æ¸¸æˆèŠ‚å¥ç¨å¾®åŠ å¿«ã€‚åœ¨å‡çº§åˆ°é’é“œæ—¶ä»£ä¹‹å‰ï¼Œæ˜¯å¾ˆéš¾ç»„ç»‡æœ‰æ•ˆçš„è¿›æ”»ã€‚å‰æœŸå‘å±•éœ€è¦çš„æ—¶é—´æœ‰ç‚¹é•¿ï¼Œæˆ‘å»ºè®®å‰Šå‡ä¸€ä¸‹åŸºåœ°å‡çº§éœ€è¦çš„èµ„æºå’Œæ—¶é—´ï¼Œè®©çŽ©å®¶å°½å¿«çš„å¼€å§‹æˆ˜æ–—ã€‚
5.å‡å°‘ä¸å¿…è¦çš„éº»çƒ¦æ“ä½œï¼Œæ¯”å¦‚å»ºé€ å†œåœºã€‚åœ¨æ¿€çƒˆæˆ˜æ–—çš„æ—¶å€™ï¼Œåˆ‡å›žåŽ»å»ºé€ å†œåœºæ˜¯ä¸€ä»¶å¾ˆä¸å‹å¥½çš„äº‹æƒ…ã€‚æˆ‘çš„å»ºè®®æ˜¯ï¼Œæ¯ä¸€å—å†œåœºæœ‰ä¸€ä¸ªæŒ‰é’®ã€‚å½“æŒ‰é’®æ‰“å¼€æ—¶ï¼Œå¦‚æžœå†œåœºçš„é£Ÿç‰©è¢«é‡‡å®Œï¼Œé‡‡å®Œçš„çž¬é—´é‚£ä¸ªå†œæ°‘ä¼šç«‹åˆ»è‡ªåŠ¨å¼€å§‹åœ¨åŽŸåœ°å»ºé€ ä¸€å—æ–°çš„å†œåœºï¼›å½“æŒ‰é’®å…³é—­æ—¶ï¼Œå’ŒçŽ°åœ¨çš„æ¸¸æˆä¸€æ ·ï¼Œå½“å†œåœºçš„é£Ÿç‰©è¢«é‡‡å®Œæ—¶ï¼Œå†œæ°‘ä¸ä¼šé‡‡å–è¡ŒåŠ¨ã€‚
6.ä¸€äº›å•ä½çš„å¹³è¡¡æ€§è°ƒæ•´ã€‚æ¯”å¦‚çŸ­å‰‘å£«å’Œæå‡çš„å¼“ç®­æ‰‹ã€‚ä»–ä»¬çš„ç§»åŠ¨é€Ÿåº¦æ…¢ï¼Œå±žæ€§ä¹Ÿä¸é«˜ï¼ŒåŽæœŸå¾ˆå¼±ã€‚å”¯ä¸€çš„ä¼˜ç‚¹æ˜¯ä¾¿å®œï¼Œé€‚åˆå¿«é€Ÿç»„æˆä¸€æ”¯éƒ¨é˜Ÿã€‚å› æ­¤ï¼Œéœ€è¦æŠŠä»–ä»¬å®šä½æˆå‰æœŸå¿«æ”»åž‹çš„å•ä½ï¼Œå¿…é¡»å–æ¶ˆä»–ä»¬çš„ç ”å‘æ¡ä»¶ï¼Œå‡çº§åˆ°é’é“œæ—¶ä»£åŽé©¬ä¸Šå¯ä»¥å¼€å§‹å»ºé€ ã€‚
以上是和原来的游戏相比,需要改动的地方。下面是需要和原来的游戏保持一致的地方。
7.游戏主界面,以前的帝国时代原版主界面和罗马复兴主界面都非常棒。很多老玩家非常喜欢,希望可以继续使用它们。我建议将原来的界面进行高清重置,让玩家自己选择。我的意思是,同时有3个界面,玩家可以从中选择自己喜欢的那个。
8.æ¸¸æˆéŸ³ä¹ã€‚è¯·å°†å¸å›½æ—¶ä»£åŽŸç‰ˆéŸ³ä¹è½¨é“å’Œç½—é©¬å¤å…´éŸ³ä¹è½¨é“åŠ å…¥æ¸¸æˆï¼Œç»™ä¸ŽçŽ©å®¶è‡ªç”±é€‰æ‹©çš„æœºä¼šã€‚
9.æ¸¸æˆå†…çš„ç”»é¢é£Žæ ¼ã€‚è¯·æ›´æŽ¥è¿‘åŽŸæ¥çš„æ›´åŠ é²œè‰³çš„ç¾Žæœ¯é£Žæ ¼ï¼Œè¿™å¯¹äºŽå¸å¼•è€çŽ©å®¶çš„å›žå½’æœ‰å¾ˆå¤§å¸®åŠ©ã€‚æ¯”å¦‚ï¼Œä»¥å‰çš„æµ·æ›´è“ã€‚ä»¥åŠï¼ŒçŽ°åœ¨çš„ä¸€äº›äº‹ç‰©å¾ˆä¸æ˜Žæ˜¾ï¼Œä¼šå›°æ‰°çŽ©å®¶ã€‚æ¯”å¦‚è¿žæŽ¥ä¸¤å—é™†åœ°çš„æµ…æ»©ï¼Œä»¥å‰ä¼šæœ‰ä¸€äº›æ¤ç‰©åœ¨ä¸Šé¢ï¼Œå¾ˆå®¹æ˜“çœ‹å‡ºæ¥ï¼ŒçŽ°åœ¨æˆ‘ç”šè‡³çœ‹ä¸å‡ºæµ…æ»©å’Œæµ·æ´‹çš„åŒºåˆ«ã€‚åŒ…æ‹¬é±¼ï¼Œé‡‘çŸ¿ï¼Œæµ†æžœï¼Œéƒ½ä¸å¤Ÿæ˜Žæ˜¾ï¼Œè¯·å‚è€ƒè¿™äº›äº‹ç‰©åœ¨åŽŸæ¥ç‰ˆæœ¬ä¸­çš„é£Žæ ¼ï¼Œè®©å®ƒä»¬æ›´åŠ æ˜Žæ˜¾ä¸€ç‚¹ã€‚

新增建议:
10.ä¸ŽçŽ©å®¶å¯¹æˆ˜çš„è¿‡ç¨‹ä¸­ï¼Œç¦æ­¢æŸ¥çœ‹æˆå°±æ›²çº¿ï¼Œå¿…é¡»åœ¨æ¸¸æˆç»“æŸä¹‹åŽæ‰èƒ½æµè§ˆã€‚å› ä¸ºæŸ¥çœ‹å¯¹æ–¹çš„äººå£æ•°é‡å’Œé»„é‡‘é‡‡é›†æ•°é‡ï¼Œä¼šä½¿å¯¹æ‰‹çš„æˆ˜ç•¥æ„å›¾æš´éœ²ï¼Œä¸åˆ©äºŽæˆ˜æœ¯çš„å¤šæ ·åŒ–ã€‚
11.å¢žåŠ ä¿å­˜replayçš„åŠŸèƒ½ï¼Œå°±åƒæ˜Ÿé™…äº‰éœ¸æ‰€åšçš„é‚£æ ·ã€‚æ¯ä¸ªçŽ©å®¶éƒ½æœ‰è‡ªå·±æƒ³ä¸€ç›´ä¿å­˜è§‚çœ‹çš„å¯¹å±€ã€‚
12.å…è®¸åœ¨ä¸€ä¸ªå»ºç­‘ä¸­ï¼Œä¸åŒå•ä½å’Œä¸åŒç§‘æŠ€å¯ä»¥åŠ å…¥åŒä¸€ä¸ªå»ºé€ é˜Ÿåˆ—ï¼Œå°±åƒæ˜Ÿé™…äº‰éœ¸æ‰€åšçš„é‚£æ ·ã€‚

You made good points, but developers are for sure thinking these things and they will decide what they want to do. There will always be people who have different ideas about the game, but probably your goal to attract new players and returning old players to the game is the same as developers.

and yes the game need and probably will have new mechanics

@tpojat said:
You made good points, but developers are for sure thinking these things and they will decide what they want to do. There will always be people who have different ideas about the game, but probably your goal to attract new players and returning old players to the game is the same as developers.

Thanks for your discussion. I hope AOE be better and I think some suggestions indeed do it,such as saving replay , and free chioces for new music or old one.

Ni Hao. I would love to read the translation. Could you please share it?

@PCS70 said:

Sorry,it takes a lot of time to do it,so I dont finish it yet。 Maybe you can try to use the the translation function of chrome first.

@PCS70 said:

@Penelinfi said:
Note: from Google translate

Empire era reset version of the two major goals: to attract new players to join and attract returning old players. The former requires some changes to the game, while the latter requires the game to be consistent with the original version in some respects. What to do to attract new players to join is to optimize in-game hints and leads and make some changes in game pace and balance. What needs to be done to attract older players to return is that, in artistic style, they are consistent with the original game, including art style and music. specific suggestion:

units, science and technology in the game when the preconditions also need to use the shadow form displayed, can not click, but the mouse hovering will show the necessary conditions, just as StarCraft did. This is very important, because a new player completely do not understand what kind of units can be produced in the back, what kind of technology to upgrade, do not know what to do. Show them goals and they know what they want and how to get it.

a better description of each unit features and introduction. For a new player, he does not quite understand that armor icons represent armor against short-range attacks, while round-shield icons represent armor against long-range attacks. Nor would he know that a camel soldier inflicts additional damage on a riding unit and cavalry inflicting additional damage to the barracks. So, when clicking on Camel and Cavalry, it is necessary to describe these features on the interface below. Others include that remote units may not hit when attacking mobile units. Elephants, sickle chariots can cause range damage, but also harm allies units. Trebuchet may hurt your unit, and so on.

suitable novice teaching level. When I first started playing this game, it was hard for me to understand the characteristics of each unit, the characteristics of each nation, and I did not even know the basic operation. If the Age of Empires want to get more new players, it is necessary to teach them these. I suggest that we can combine historical battles with basic operations, arms types and ethnic characteristics. For example, setting up a Persian elimination Lydia level, through which to tell players that the Persian specialty is Camel Knight, and Camel Knight can restrain riding troops.

Pre-game rhythm slightly faster. Before upgrading to the Bronze Age, it is difficult to organize an effective attack. Early development needs a bit long time, I suggest to reduce the resources and time needed to upgrade the base, allowing players to start fighting as soon as possible.

Reduce unnecessary troublesome operations, such as the construction of farms. In the fierce battle, cut back to build the farm is a very unfriendly thing. My advice is that every farm has a button. When the button is opened, if the farmer’s food is taken, the farmer immediately begins to automatically build a new farm in situ. When the button is closed, as the current game, when the farm’s food is taken , Farmers will not take action.

Some units of the balance adjustment. For example, short swordsmen and ascents archers. Their slow moving speed, the property is not high, late is very weak. The only advantage is cheap, suitable for rapid formation of a force. Therefore, they need to be positioned as pre-fast-break units, and their R & D conditions must be removed and upgrading to the Bronze Age can begin immediately. The above is compared with the original game, you need to change the place. Here is where you need to be in line with the original game.

The main interface of the game, the original main interface of the original Empire era and the main interface of the Roman revival are great. Many older players like it very much and want to keep using them. I suggest that the original interface HD reset, let the player choose their own. I mean, there are 3 interfaces at the same time, players can choose their favorite one.

Game music Please enter the original era of the Imperial era music track and the track of the Roman revival music, giving the player the freedom to choose the opportunity.

In-game picture style. Please be closer to the original brighter art style, which is very helpful to attract the return of veteran players. For example, the sea before the more blue. And, some of the things that are not obvious at the moment are troubling players. For example, connecting two shallow banks of land, there were some plants on it before, and it is easy to see that now I can not even see the difference between ford and ocean. Including fish, gold, berries, are not obvious enough, please refer to these things in the original version of the style, make them more obvious.

New suggestions: 10. In the process of playing against the player, you are prohibited from viewing the achievement curve and must be viewed after the game is over. Because viewing each other’s population and the amount of gold collected, will expose the strategic intent of the opponent is not conducive to the diversification of tactics.

Added ability to save replay, as Starcraft did. Each player has a game he wants to keep watching.

Allowed in a building, different units and different technologies can join the same build queue, as Starcraft did.

@Penelinfi Thanks for translating.

Let’s see if this works. :slight_smile:

@gl8531 在AOE Onlineä¸­å·²ç»å®žæ–½äº†å¾ˆå¤šçš„å»ºè®®ï¼Œæ¯”å¦‚æŽ’é˜Ÿéƒ¨åˆ†å’Œé²œæ˜Žçš„è‰ºæœ¯é£Žæ ¼ã€‚ è€Œä¸æ˜¯ä¸€ä¸ªå­¦ä¹ æ´»åŠ¨ï¼Œä¸€ä¸ªåŒ…å«ä¸åŒæ–¹é¢çš„å­¦ä¹ éƒ¨åˆ†å°†æ›´å¥½åœ°å¸å¼•æ–°çš„çƒå‘˜ã€‚ 在修改GUIæ–¹é¢ï¼Œåªéœ€ç‚¹å‡»å‡ ä¸‹é¼ æ ‡å°±å¯ä»¥èŽ·å¾—æ›´å¤šçš„æ¸¸æˆåŠŸèƒ½ã€‚

@tpojat said:

@gl8531 made very good points indeed.

Here my personal opinion regarding the whole RTS genre. Actually from StarCraft the first is the best in the series, this opposite to a game like Warcraft where the last version with Frozen Throne expansion is the best. While MS being busy with AOEO and trying to implement MOBA elements into it, Valve revived the death Warcraft RTS franchise into their famous MOBA game DOTA (at v2 by now). At sometimes more than 1 million players online during weekends and more than 12 miljoen unique player id’s.

I wonder where their profit comes from, maybe someone can explain that part more to me. My best guess is all those little micro transactions, live tournaments with high value prices, sponsoring and all the season passes?

这里我个人对整个RTS流派的看法。 å®žé™…ä¸Šæ¥è‡ªæ˜Ÿé™…äº‰éœ¸çš„ç¬¬ä¸€ä¸ªæ˜¯è¿™ä¸ªç³»åˆ—ä¸­æœ€å¥½çš„ï¼Œä¸Žé­”å…½è¿™æ ·çš„æ¸¸æˆç›¸åï¼Œæœ€åŽä¸€ä¸ªç‰ˆæœ¬çš„å†°å°çŽ‹åº§æ‰©å±•æ˜¯æœ€å¥½çš„ã€‚ 当MS正在忙于AOEO并尝试实施MOBAå…ƒç´ æ—¶ï¼ŒValve将死亡魔兽RTS专营权恢复为他们着名的MOBA游戏DOTA(到目前为止v2)。 在某些时候,周末有超过100万的玩家在线,超过12个miljoen独特的玩家ID。

我不知道他们的利润来自哪里,也许有人可以更多地向我解释这一部分。 æˆ‘æœ€å¥½çš„çŒœæµ‹æ˜¯æ‰€æœ‰è¿™äº›å°å¾®äº¤æ˜“ï¼Œé«˜ä»·å€¼çš„çŽ°åœºé”¦æ ‡èµ›ï¼ŒèµžåŠ©å’Œæ‰€æœ‰èµ›å­£çš„ä¼ çƒï¼Ÿ

@PCS70 said:

@tpojat said:

@gl8531 made very good points indeed.

Here my personal opinion regarding the whole RTS genre. Actually from StarCraft the first is the best in the series, this opposite to a game like Warcraft where the last version with Frozen Throne expansion is the best. While MS being busy with AOEO and trying to implement MOBA elements into it, Valve revived the death Warcraft RTS franchise into their famous MOBA game DOTA (at v2 by now). At sometimes more than 1 million players online during weekends and more than 12 miljoen unique player id’s.

I wonder where their profit comes from, maybe someone can explain that part more to me. My best guess is all those little micro transactions, live tournaments with high value prices, sponsoring and all the season passes?

这里我个人对整个RTS流派的看法。 å®žé™…ä¸Šæ¥è‡ªæ˜Ÿé™…äº‰éœ¸çš„ç¬¬ä¸€ä¸ªæ˜¯è¿™ä¸ªç³»åˆ—ä¸­æœ€å¥½çš„ï¼Œä¸Žé­”å…½è¿™æ ·çš„æ¸¸æˆç›¸åï¼Œæœ€åŽä¸€ä¸ªç‰ˆæœ¬çš„å†°å°çŽ‹åº§æ‰©å±•æ˜¯æœ€å¥½çš„ã€‚ 当MS正在忙于AOEO并尝试实施MOBAå…ƒç´ æ—¶ï¼ŒValve将死亡魔兽RTS专营权恢复为他们着名的MOBA游戏DOTA(到目前为止v2)。 在某些时候,周末有超过100万的玩家在线,超过12个miljoen独特的玩家ID。

我不知道他们的利润来自哪里,也许有人可以更多地向我解释这一部分。 æˆ‘æœ€å¥½çš„çŒœæµ‹æ˜¯æ‰€æœ‰è¿™äº›å°å¾®äº¤æ˜“ï¼Œé«˜ä»·å€¼çš„çŽ°åœºé”¦æ ‡èµ›ï¼ŒèµžåŠ©å’Œæ‰€æœ‰èµ›å­£çš„ä¼ çƒï¼Ÿ

I am also a DOTA2 player. DOTA2 makes a fortune by selling cosmetic items for dota2 heros。

@gl8531
他们进一步发展了微观交易的概念和使用。 不过我自己也不买化妆品,也不是必须的。 ä½ å¯ä»¥å…è´¹çŽ©ï¼Œå¹¶ä¸Žä¸€äº›æœ‹å‹ä¸€èµ·åœ¨ä¸€ä¸ªå›¢é˜Ÿä¸­çŽ©å¾—å¼€å¿ƒã€‚ 我喜欢DOTAè¿™æ ·çš„æ¸¸æˆï¼Œæ˜¯å› ä¸ºå®ƒæ›´ä¾èµ–äºŽä¸€ä¸ªå›¢é˜Ÿåˆä½œå’Œå¿«èŠ‚å¥çš„æ¸¸æˆä¸­çš„è¡ŒåŠ¨ã€‚ RPG部分来自于他们选择的英雄(或角色)的团队成员。 å½“ä½ åƒæˆ‘ä¸€æ ·å¹´çºªå¤§ä¸€ç‚¹çš„æ—¶å€™ï¼Œä½ ä¼šä¸»è¦ä½¿ç”¨æ™ºåŠ›ï¼Œè¿™æ˜¯ç”±äºŽæŸäº›å¹´é¾„è¾ƒå¤§ï¼ˆè¾ƒä½Žçš„APM)缺乏敏捷性,导致较少的最后一击。 但是这并不重要,我喜欢不时与我的小儿子玩这个游戏,让他在他的游戏中闪耀。 我也非常欣赏他们的主界面,AOE可以从中学到很多东西。