Audio English instead of French during the campaign

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: ######
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Again, I noticed problems with the audio. During several sequences, the dialogues are in English, instead of the base language of the game, French.

The different sequences where the language is in English instead of French are, for the moment;

Sequence of all endings of “Blood, Ice and Steel”, Act 1, 2 and 3.

Sequence of all the endings of ‘’ Fire and Shadow ‘’, Act 1 and 2.

Feu et Ombre Act 2, all audios are in English.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

I do not understand why you do not correct this quickly, knowing that I had already noted this problem during act 1-2-3 of the first chapter.

The AOE III game released in 2005 did not have this problem, all the languages ​​were French!

Please correct this problem as soon as possible, because our experience during the AOE campaign was less useful, which is a shame, we must not put the French language aside, or simply forget it, because you have a lot of French players, like me, who really like Age Of Empire.

I will also send an email.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

NONE.

Same in Italian. We need a localization completion patch…

this issue is being tracked, thanks for the report!

In fact, all languages have the same situation. It can not be solved technically, because all endings of “Blood, Ice and Steel” and “Fire and Shadow” are video files, only English audio embedded in them.

Thanks for the support guys! Because yes it’s really not normal, I love aoe especially for the campaigns, and I can not understand why there is this problem with all the languages, and in the version of 2005, no problem … I had it already report when the game is released. I also send an email this time, we’ll see if it will really be postponed and corrected …

Thanks HoiKei for the info we are aware this issue happen with more than one language

I see so much people demands “new content”: new civilizations, new campaigns, and so on… in my opinion, the real “new content” which is missing is this. In some parts (and in full Shadow campaign!), this looks like an English game with translated subtitles… it’s so sad seeing a half-translation. Translations are new content.

1 Like