- GAME BUILD #: VERSION 101.102.22327.0 (#87863) 11543327
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11
While playing as the Romans in AOE 2 DE mode certain voice lines for the male villager and all male voiced army units will always be played with a distortion, specifically an audio pop near the beginning of the voice line.
The affected voice lines are as follows:
Male villager: “Pro ntus”,“Impera”, “Confestimfaciam”;
Male soldiers: “Eo”, “Pario”;
Female villagers, monks and cavalry are not affected by this issue, having clear and consistent playback of their voice lines without distortion.
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Make sure to have the volume levels in Options at a high level in order to hear the affected voice lines clearly, while using headphones to hear the game.
- Start any type of match with the Romans civilization selected.
- Select a male villager or issue him an order multiple times to cycle through voice lines.
- Notice that a certain unwanted noise is played alongside the “Pro ntus”, “Impera” and “Confestimfaciam” voice lines.
- Select or issue movement orders repeatedly to a male voiced army unit, like for example a militia line unit (attacking orders don’t seem to trigger distorted voice lines).
- Notice that an unwanted noise, an audio pop is played at the beginning of “Eo” and “Pario” voice lines.
The voice lines would play without a distortion, as it happens with the other civilizations and even the other Roman units not mentioned in this issue report.
AOE 2 DE - Romans distorted voice lines with audio popping - YouTube | In-game demonstration of the issue.
AOE 2 DE - Romans voice bug - Audacity analysis - YouTube | A closer look at the audio from the game in Audacity.
I really didn’t think one is needed as this is a 100% reproducible audio bug but I will provide one if asked.