Auto queue villagers?

seems pretty undecided even in these other posts. on one hand making one side of the game easier and accessible and on the other training villagers being part of the skill of the game. I have enjoyed age sense 2001 so I’m not new to remembering to queue villagers, but even I forget if its been even a few days. Seems like the design of the game more than anything. like your supposed to forget to make villagers when under pressure. And if you don’t you’re a pro. Would it effect people that already know to queue villagers or just the people that don’t?

This game has a high food pickup rate, with the tech bonuses, you only need 8 villagers in food to have a production queue of 10 villagers, so you only have to watch for the TC every 2 minutes, that’s manageable

i think there’s a UI already to ‘remind’ you for producing villagers, at top of the resources box. What you need to do is press TC hotkey then press Q once whenever the villager icon is missing. Lost 2 to 5 seconds is not a big deal unless you’re playing Golden League II, and this is also a good form of training to increase your APM and focus. The autos just, well, emphasize everything on micro-ing units. Better to revisit TC every once in a while than microing units every single second, in my opinion

it would affect, but same as AUTOSCOUT in aoe2. - No effect.

But is it RTS or RTQ game?
Real Time Queue…
If i want RTQ, ican play EVE.

But #### ##### to add +6 vils at the start… surely they will never add autoqueue.

We can speculate for days… but i believe thay need add A/B testing for new features. Cause game wont die because autoque, it will evolve into smth for better or worse.

I forgot about the auto scout, thats a good comparison. I can see a bunch of different things that can help. It would be interesting to see auto villager, heck why not auto everything lol Mods seem like the way to go

Competitive Villager Auto Train

The idea for the Villager Auto Training to be competitive is to only have 1 single villager in the queue; An expired player will have at least three villagers queued for each TC, since villager production is a priority and keeps villager production constant.

@Adribird90
I put the following scenario of an average player with Auto TrainingVillager, he may make the mistake of spending all his food on other units or technologies so his ration will remain stagnant until he gathers fifty food; but for this to be competitive it must work as follows, every time the Villager Self-Training is activated, only 1 villager for each TC must remain in the queue, even though more than one has been manually queued, it is always Activate Villager Auto Training, only 1 villager will remain in queue.

“Empire Earth II” and “Age of Mythology” do not comply with this and consistently have two or more villagers queued up.

The difference is that in AoM it’s not only Auto Villager but Auto Queue which includes military units.

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/b_L94ujoAhY?si=1KFqSsE6kj9TBowV&t=149

Beasty mentions that he would accept a Villager Auto Training if this contains a penalty to use it, in my opinion having a queue of only 1 villager for each TC is not very beneficial since it can happen that you spend all your food on other units and due to lack of resources , you stop constantly producing villagers

However, my proposal is the following:

Villager Auto Training has a 180 second timer where after this time it is deactivated and you must activate it again; In this way it would serve analogously as a bicycle stabilizer that is no longer used after practice.

It proves that auto queue is already a disadvantage so it is not necessary to implement more penalties for using it as Beasty suggests.

https://youtu.be/b_L94ujoAhY?si=1KFqSsE6kj9TBowV&t=149

This player spent almost all his food that he did not have 50 food left to constantly produce villagers, therefore his production stopped until minute 19:14, which is when he collects 50 again and can now produce a villager

1 Like