Aztec's Calmecac card bugged

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 54545
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Issue was found in November PUP build version (49950). I reported this bug on Steam and it was tracked by dev team during PUP but it is not fixed yet so I’m reporting it again just in case it was forgotten.
It is about Calmecac card timings. According to game description the card “Ships 1 Warrior Priest. The next Council Member you research, or are researching, will Age-up twice as fast.”

And here are the timings from game I played:

1. 2:51 - Calmecac card clicked
  2. 3:05 - II Age-up clicked (The Elder)
  3. 3:31 - Calmecac card arrived
  4. 3:58 - I’m in Age II (should be 3:45)

The Elder Age-up to the Age II should normally take 80s. If the Calmecac card was send it should take 80/2 = 40s. So I should be in II Age precisely in 3:45. However in my case it took 53s instead of 40s.

I think the reason behind that issue is quite simple. Card starts to increase Age-up research tempo when it arrives. So if Age-up is already ongoing it can provide more or less benefits depending of how much time was left to research.
However according to description it should guarantee twice as fast Age-Up time. No matter if it is already ongoing or will be clicked :slight_smile:

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play any game as Aztec civ
  2. Ship Calmecac card a few seconds before you click Age-Up to next age
  3. Check the timings (what is the exact time Age-Up will happen)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

It is expected that Age-Up will require exactly half of normal Age-Up time (even if card was sent during AgeUp).

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Don’t have one but I can provide if needed.

2 Likes

Hi @mkaras92 !

Thanks for reminding us this, we are already tracking this issue (/^▽^)/

1 Like