Aztecs Still have NO CHANGES in new Update

If JPK has bonus agains all infantry types and also cavalry, there would be no reason to create Skull Knights because JPK would be able to perform all SK tasks.

If JPK is able to finally catch enemy - he is doing ok. There is no need to boost his attack or multipliers. But he is usually dying before he reaches them. I see 4 possible solutions for their issue:

1. Simply increase JPK speed (base value or in card/technology)
  2. Add them range resist to be able to survive more Skirmisher shots
  3. Increse their speed in Stealth Mode (currently 4.5 x 0.5 = 2.25) to 3.0-3.5. With this change JPK would be able to utilize his special ability more and catch some enemies by surprise.
  4. Give them sprint ability

I don’t really see any other ideas to fix JPKs.

they probably need both a speed increase and range resist.

1 Like

Guys, I imagine you know that JPK has stealth ability, right?

@EliteRiflemann
Not very usefull with every building revealing
them

1 Like

Minute 11
Do you still think it’s useless?

1 Like

In lategame it is with forts, castles, outpost, barracks, TC…

It is quite useless tbh, most players want to fight at a forward base where they likely have a tower or a second tc. if you’re attacking their base then it’s completely useless as well.

You might get 1 good fight out of it but once a good player see’s what you’re doing they’ll just take the explorer with their army.

3 Likes

Consider that the stealth ability is still a very good ability for the JPK, the objective of the unit is mainly to ambush, in a late game it loses effectiveness, that is true, but the Aztecs have several units that can fulfill all kinds of functions, So I don’t see why there is a need to buff him.
I think the only thing the Aztecs need is to redesign all the Big Buttons, add an anti artillery armor to the Archer Knight and a multiplier of x2 against art to the coyote runner. On an economic level they are quite good I think, I think they can get some extra benefit through the BBs.

It needs a buff because it’s classed as heavy infantry, so it can rarely get close enough to actually fight in melee before a few skirms just pick them off. It needs to have speed/range resist to be able to get close or remove the heavy infantry tag.

1 Like

it is unfortunate, but an infantry unit that counters heavy cavalry is, by definition, a heavy infantry. if the tag is removed they will need to not be good vs cav, which would be fine with skulls, pumas and erks, but it is something to consider.

1 Like

JPK is quite similar to Samurai. Both of them are expensive melee heavy infantry with speed 4.5. They both will defeat most types of enemies if they get in melee fight.

The big difference is if Japan player chooses to build Samurai army he can make Samurai much faster (+10% with card and +5% with Golden Pavillion speed boost) for a total speed of 5.17.

JPK doesn’t have this opportunity which makes him a strong unit without a clear purpose.

I’d honestly prefer them that way, just as a pure anti-infantry unit. Aztec have a lot of anti-cav units, it would be really nice for the jaguar to be usable just as anti-infantry, it just gets wiped out so fast by skirms.

1 Like

I agree, a sort of urumi (without splash) would probably be ideal if it stayed 1 pop, if it became 2 pop it could be more creative. Legit though, azzy has way too much anticav

Okay, now go back to reading what you just wrote to me … but slowly.

Of course they have to be defeated by the skirms! They are the units that should counter them! If you make them good against cab and against the infantry in general, you will have another super carolean! To face the guerrillas, you must use coyotes and otomis, and if what you want is to tank damage, use the skull knights!

And do not tell me that they are useless, the Inca huaracas must kill artillery, but they are worse than the archer knights, the Iroquois mantles should knock down buildings, but they are worse than the falconets, the lakota Wakina should kill heavy infantry, but they have no range and they need teepees or upgrades. You understand? All native civilizations are very limited, but to compensate they have other special abilities than European, African and Asian ones, you have to know how to use all that and use it to your advantage!

I don’t think it should be anti-cav though, I never make them to kill cav as you already have better options. It should be just a general anti-infantry, it does good vs other heavy infantry just needs to be changed to be good vs light infantry as well and not vs cav. In it’s current state it’s just a useless unit that they may as well remove.

I disagree that huaracas are worse than arrow knights, they are far better and only 1 pop, also do good vs almost any unit.
I don’t think anyone expects a mantlet to be better than a cannon, it’s a totally different unit.
Wakinas are 1 of the weaker skirmishers but that’s fair because they have strong cavalry including rifle riders which beat heavy infantry. Wakinas also do good enough vs heavy infantry.

That it’s just an specific case. French got distracted, every good player knows about aztec stealth and will keep explorer close to the hole army anytime.

Anyways aztec early game is getting nerfed, again. Early game is OK, but mid to late game they are really trash because can’t boom properly.

Well, thats another problem in late game. Otontin lack of HP and range makes them really weak when holding the line. And coyotes in treaty get stucked everywhere due to the dumb pathfinding, so cannon + skirms totally obliterate em’ even when they suppose to be a counter. Also coyote stealth card is useless in late game, players have Outposts all over the place.

2 Likes

I reserve the comment on treaties, because I never play treaties, I only play teams and 1v1.
A lot of the things you propose are good for treaty, but guys, in 1v1 or teams it is going to break the Azzys, they already have too many cards that improve the gathering of plantations and mills, and their support cards are quite useful and cheap in comparison to the rest of the native civis. That’s why I say be more discreet when asking for buffs.
This would be much easier if the developers established a type of balance for treaty separate from the other play styles!

I repeat it again … all you say is the nightmare of the Haudenosaunees, Lakotas and Incas, not just the Aztecs.

I would like to see an increase to Aztec and Inca warrior priest build limit. Maybe 15 rather than 10 and a wood generation dance for Aztec.