As you know some names and buildings were added/changed from the orignal version, like “Colony” related names, or for some units like “Macehaltin” to “Otontin”. I believe changes to improve gameplay or increase the accuracy are welcome, that said also I think that Aoe3 as Aoe 2 could still grow via uptades and expansions.
Also I know that there are bugs/issues that are driving people crazy… thus suggestions like this arent a priority.
- Is a modern term to refer/descrive the “nahua tribes” that came from Mytic Aztlan and founded Tenochtitlan and were part of the Triple Alliance. Thus should be “Mexica”.
b)Buildings & Economy
There is right now a very obvious problem for Native American factions, Economy and late game. The lack off a building that generates resources as a Factory and the slow resource gather rate.
- Remove from Native Americans (as Asians dont have them either) to be European exclusive building. The reason behind this is a building which produces goods to sell, historically speaking were slaves worked in the “New World”.
- As with Asian factions to have the posibility of change and choose what does it produces, either food or gold, also this could benefit cards that increase gather rate like “Chinanpas”.
I believe the idea was nice, but not the implementation, all natives should get this building. Initially I though this building could be a replacer for Plantations/States.
Mexicas and most other native Americans didnt use gold as currency, Mexicas used “cacao”, gold was used to craft idols and jewelry.
- This to work like a Factory, send via card from Capital, that once build can generate resources, food, wood or gold.
All civs except Native Americans have a Temple/Church/Monastery building, for Lakota and Haudenosaunee is reasonable to point since their “holy” sites were in nature, but both Incas and Mexicas were builders of renown, and specially in Mesomerica there are still a lot of its Temples.
- New building, were we can train Priests and other units, developt new techs as Europeans/Asians (Can garrison and attack like war hut or noble hut). Trainable priest would release some villagers from being tied to the Plaza.
Tech: Increase size of trainable troops from 5 to 10, increase healing (as europeans/asians).
Both Incas and Mexicas plazas to have model upgrades when reaching a new age, to show the progress of its settlement, for stetic porpouses.
Their military system allowed anyone to rise to “nobility” via archiving a rank or joining a “Warrior Society”, those ranks were dependant on the number of captures during Battle(s), and each rank awarded specific equipment, like flags, shields, helmets. However there were certain positions (the highest) that were limited to those who were “Noble”.
Villager: change ranged weapon from Atlatl to “Caribbean” blowgun.
Reason: Atlatl was considered a weapon of nobles, thats why Eagle Knights have them.
I ll list a building and then the units that it produces.
Macehualtin: The commoners within the Empire, they were equiped with only its weapon, had no armor, shield or sandals, if they captured enemies alive could archive a rank. (Basically a villager with a melee weapon)*.
Visual Upgrades: Elite: Gains a shield. Champion: Gains cotton armor.
Cost no population, Max limit: 100, replaces “Warrior/Militia”.
From here down below all were part of a Warrior Society or had a rank.
Coyotl (Coyote Runner): Rename to nahuatl name.
Visual Upgrades: Initial: Short cotton vest, wooden shield. Elite: Full cotton suit, reinforced shield. Champion: Coyote suit, plumed shield. Legendary: Plumed helmet.
Miztli (Puma Spearmen): Rename.
Visual Upgrades: Initial: Short cotton vest, wooden shield. Elite: Full cotton suit, reinforced shield. Champion: Puma suit, plumed shield. Legendary: Plumed helmet.
Ocelotl (Jaguar Knight): Rename, increase move speed.
Visual Upgrades: Initial Elite: Full cotton suit, reinforced shield. Champion: Jaguar suit, plumed helmet, plumed shield. Legendary: Ornate Plumed helmet and shield
Cuauhtli (Eagle Knight): Rename, melee weapon (macahuil), hand attack increase.
Visual Upgrades: Initial Elite: Noble cloak, reinforced shield, banner(arrow). Champion: Eagle suit, plumed shield. Legendary: Plumed helmet, banner eagle knight.
Both Eagle and Jaguar should use a full cotton suit, emulating their corresponding animal, some used greaves and bracers. Their helmets were carved of wood, painted and adorned with feathers. Not all used banners in the back, some banners represented a rank sometimes, for example Puma Champion Back banner was depicted to be used by Generals.
Tequihua (Arrow Knight): Rename, this unit uniform correspond to a rank created after the Campaigns with the Huastecs.
Visual Upgrades: Initial Elite: Full cotton suit, reinforced shield. Champion: Conical hat, plumed shield. Legendary: Plumes, jewelry.
No back banner in any model for this one.
Units trained here are noble born that learn at Calmecac to Rule the Empire, would become the next Generals and Emperors.
Priest: Trainable at Age I for 100 gold as all Priests/Monks.
Otontin (Otomies Plural): Slinger with good hp and attack.
Visual Upgrades: Initial Elite: Noble cloak, reinforced shield, banner. Champion: Full green cotton suit, plumed shield, banner arrow knight. Legendary: jewelry
Warrior society that took its name from the Otomi people, a known member from this was Tzilacatzin, that was a great warrior that killed several spanish with stones.
Cuachic (Cuachicqueh, formerly Skull Knight): Rename.
Visual Upgrades: Initial Elite: Noble cloak, reinforced shield, banner. Champion: Full yellow cotton suit, plumed shield, banner arrow knight. Legendary: jewelry
High hp and resistances, increase move speed, Max limit: 20
Were the most prestigous Mexica warriors, heads shaved apart from a long braid over the left ear, faces painted half blue half red or yellow, served as shock troopers.
Chieftain: secondary ranged attack from spear thrower (atlatl, like eagle knights).
Eagle Eye: Instead of “Cuachic Asention”, a skill that throws a spear dealing damage, like “Condor Eye” from Incan Chieftain.
- Poison Card: Add poison to ranged attacks of: Arrow and Eagle Knights. Since Mexicas used poison in some weapons too.
Cacique: Sends another Warchief (weaker than your main). This to represent that the warchief we start off is the Emperor and we can call a warchief from other city in the empire.
Would be nice if this new warchief could be named and had other Model.
- Tlacateccatl: Ships a General (Tlacateccatl) from the Capital, which functions as a Daimyo. Can train units, has good stats, bost units around. When killed can be hired/created in the Temple. Model: Champion Puma Spearmen with shield.
- Tlacochcalcatl: Ships a General (Tlacochcalcatl) from the Capital, which functions as a Daimyo. Can train units, has good stats, bost units around. When killed can be hired/created in the Temple. Model: Skull Knight, spear and shield.
If you have read till here thanks, I spend quite the time making this post and reading a bit here and there, searching visual references and so, to further understand some “models” and units styles I recommend to see the links below and see the codex.
- Yes and I agree with these suggestions.
- Yes, but only a few of them
- Yes, but other changes.
- Maybe, I dont know.
- No, they are fine as they are.