Balance for Tatars and Cav archers civs in general

Except for the last patch - Saracens and Vietnamese have been around 50% in the previous three patches in 1650+ elo so think they are fine for now. Given fewer higher elo games, I prefer to look at last 4 patches trend to see if there have been consistently low / high win rates. E.g. Franks / Celts have been consistently high

True true. I agree that it might be a helpful device to understand how civs compare across different levels as Chinese, for instance, constantly have high winrates on high levels and lower winrates on beginner and intermediate levels (which makes good sense from a gameplay perspective). I just don’t think that balance should pay too much focus on it. If some civs have super high winrates and others seem very bad wr-wise on lower levels, imo that’s fine as long they are regarded more or less balanced on high levels. Not because it wouldn’t value all player levels but rather because I think it gives more varitey to the game. Some civs are easy to play and work pretty well for new players but fall off at certain elos while others are harder to master.

3 Likes

man the sample size is way too small

2 Likes

agree. xbow has long training time becoz it is turtled from feudal. CA need to a shorter then knight given how much stronger knights are than them.

I think the general wierd thing about CA is that it cames first in castle age as a raiding unit. The same age when you can build several town centers and boom.
It’s just too late for the from sheer stats best raiding unit in the game.
And that’s also way CA as such can’t trade well against most other units, becaause if they could, they just would be OP.
Best Buffs for CA civs would be a unique tech which allows to build a “light cavalry archer” in feudal age. So they can use the raiding potential of this unit, when it can hit the opponents eco the most.
I also don’t understand why there are so many expensive upgrades for the ca, a raiding unit can’t be usefull if you have to spend so much of the second-rarest ressource to keep it up to the ages. For a main force of an army, its ok, but for a raiding unit these upgrades are way too expensive.

what are the suggested stats of light cav archers?

That’s hard to say. Raiding units are hard to balance, it needs experience wuith them.
Maybe they are too strong in killing unprotected villagers, maybe their mobility and poke potetial is too crucial. Maybe they suck.
In a first approach i would make them just a bit weaker in all stats so later it could be adjusted if needed.
So maybe 5 atk, 40 hp + 1,3 speed but still 4 range, since it is already quite short for archery type unit.

Since there are no real counters in feudal I would prefer range 3 as they’re to good when microed else. You could even snipe vills from farms close to TC with fletching and don’t need to fear TC fire as you can dodge it easily.

1 Like

Actually i don’t agree with the idea of light cav archer, if we had it then the devs will put upgrade to the normal cav arch so this make no sense. I just suggest to reduce the training time for cav archers 25% fasteror 20% faster at least.

Cavalry Archers Civs ISSUE

Greetings;

Here is the problem I’m experiencing. The cavalry archer takes 34 seconds trianing time!!! This is really long time and it is not fair for Cav archers civs especially Tatars!!! My humble opinion here is to make the training time for cav archers between 26 or 28 sec as max, and the cost is too high 40 wood and 60 gold!!! I think you should make it 35 wood and 50 gold. This is really not fair especially for cav archers civs so you can make a bonus for cav archers civs by reducing the training time for cav archers to 26 or 28 second as max.

With Respect.

1 Like

And this for sure too

1 Like

imo the balance for CA has to be be really careful though since the high skill players use them a lot better than the majority of players, meaning any way we buff the CA helps them more than it helps us

but i agree tatars and CA in general could use some lurv

Yeah this why i said they should make it for Tatars as a bonus. Make the CA trains 20% faster for the Tatars at least.