Balance suggestion for Tatars & Saracens

I’d always choose Tatars and Saracens over Indians, Koreans, Italians, Portuguese, Bulgarians and Turks on Arabia.

Indians are relegated to TGs, Italians to water maps, Koreans to BF/Arena TGs, Turks to Arena while Bulgarians are to permanent memes.

1 Like

They literally have only one bonus on most maps and in most situations and you call that huge?

A unit stronger than a knight, cheaper than a knight and that has almost kipchaks level of microability while being able to beat even elephants. What could go wrong?

I can’t believe anyone would actually want this happening.

If only there was a game mode where you could cooperate with other players to get infinite gold…

According to this logic the Vikings (Iceland has a strict policy to preserve their horse breed that has been applied since the Middle ages) should have beefy cav. Britons should have bloodlines + paladins. Japanese would have pretty badass cav too.

As in: archers are better against buildings? Transports have more room? Galleys fire faster?

Let’s be real, if Indian had knights they would use them in Castle age.

Now if the devs truely didn’t change the CA’s animation lenght/frame delay/whatever there isn’t much they can do.

You know, maybe that’s precisely why I proposed buffing Saracen Camels and not Indian Camels?

1 Like

You said Indian use camels in castle and not Sarracens, implying that Sarracen would need buffed camels to use them. But this isn’t because Indian have +1 pierce armour that they use them, it’s literally because they are forced to. Heck, even if we reverted all the camels nerfs and gave them back the bonus melee armour and then gave them knights, they would favour knights unless figthing a civ with better knights.

1 Like

Are you sure, “kid”?
They have 1000 military bonuses
You’re clearly inexperienced at playing with saracens

1 Like

I literally agree with everything you’re saying.
What are you disagreeing about? What is your point?

uh now I’m not too sure anymore, oopsie. Guess I will re-read everything.

1 Like

Yeah and their military bonuses all in imperial except the stupid archers bonus. And just tell me what are their military bonuses?! Ships doing more damage to towers?! Or madrasah (monks return 33% of their gold cost) ?! They have nothing except the archers and late camel bonus

The thing that annoys me when buffing camels is that this is always a nerf to cavalry, and a indirect buff to archer, which the game doesn’t need. It will also lead to very annoying matchups and unfairness in tournaments where someone rolls a cavalry civ and the other rolls a camel civ. I agree with your general statement that camels are rarely seen, but on the other hand I don’t see how you can buff them without making the matchups against cavalry civs significantly worse.

1 Like

The archer bonuses alone are strong enough as is. But they get a couple water map bonuses

1 Like

Yeah i agree, but i think with new arabia which is more open it will not be the same as before

Ships doing more damage towards towers ? Have you read their techtree ? its galleys shoot faster dealing more damage vs every unit and building ?

Yeah my bad, it was one of the university techs (towers do 50% against ships)

What was that?! And why?

More or less the same thing as MostDragon said, I didn’t see he posted first so I removed my own post to avoid clogging up the convo.

1 Like

Actually Silk Armor providing +1/+1 armor is a good idea but definitevly not for the Keshik

3 Likes

Saracens are fine imo. They are the civ I play the most with, and feel like they are a very versatile civ with a lot of options. They lack cavaliers and halbs, but has stronger camels, so it kind of compensates.
Their market bonus is great for selling stone for a higher amount of gold (at the same time saving wood from farms) and reach castle age faster.

Still, I would like some changes to them, but these are mainly for thematical anda design reasons.
First I would like them to have the imperial camel trait instead of indians, and maybe turning zealotry into a buff for mamlukes only. (This comes along an indians rework, but that’s another topic)
Then madrasa should be reworked into something useful. Idk what. Right now I don’t research it even if I’m going smush.
Finally, and less important to me, would be to get their light cavalry historical aspect somehow represented as a civ bonus. They already have good hussars, so it’s not that needed. Still a light cav bonus would be more fitting than their current archer one.

1 Like

Saracens are totally balanced as a civilization. The way Saracens play requires very high skills, game awareness and a different build order.
But their UU and UTs must be buffed!

Tatars should be ignored until developers buff Crapalry Archers.

3 Likes