"Banner School" Home city card

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 100.12.23511.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

On both the Chinese story mode chapter and Chinese civ deck editor, the “Banner School” card’s description marks that all banner armies train faster, and that the banner armies created by the Summer Palace spawn slightly faster. However, the description also shows a 23% increase in build time for all Summer Palace banner armies instead of a decrease.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open card selection screens for the Chinese civ in story mode or for multiplayer/skirmish mode

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Either the description should state that the Summer Palace spawns units slower to match the rest of the description, or all the increases in Summer Palace banner army build time should be made negative to reflect a decrease in build time.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Story mode card selection screen:

Multiplayer/Skirmish deck editor:

Thats not a bug.The 30 percent decrease banner army training time is only intended for the war academies and castles where you actually pay for the units.
The summer place produces units for free so it would be too OP is a card decreases that by 30 percent. So what this card does is first decrease all banner army training time by 30 and then it increase the free summer place banner training time for 23 so the summer place only spawns free units 7 percent faster. That is why the card description says "All Banner Armies train faster, Free Banner Armies… spawn slightly faster"

1 Like

I totally agree, and since the devs were so diligent about improving home city card descriptions in recent patches, I hope they can update this one to be less confusing.

Yeah this card has been confusing people since it was introduced back in TAD.

1 Like