BARBARY STATES IS COMING WITH AFRICAN EXPANSION!

Okay lads I’ve looked super deep in the recent pictures that they have given us. These pictures had hidden units in them just like what we had with USA. Carbine cavalry and Regulars were placed hidden in the pictures and then we spot them and they gave us USA! I’m 99.9% sure this is the same case here! Three (3) units of Barbary States were placed in these pictures! Healer (Imam), Corsair Marksman, and Tribal Horseman I don’t think this is random. Hope you guys enjoy the video as well!

6 Likes

I would say it’s rather 50-50, matter of keeping expectations low.

1 Like

Good analysis, it’s also possible to be a different North African civ but no doubt it’s North African.

4 Likes

If is true then they should be called Moroccoco

5 Likes

Same comment on Reddit? :laughing:

2 Likes

a prediction from Erchere that might actually be true? what world do we live in :thinking:

6 Likes

This is not the first time.

1 Like

There are only 2 civilizations, and I can prove it to you. Making a civilization from 0 takes a lot of time for the devs, including having material already made and available, that’s why when DE came out we only received 2 new civis, and some time later, the USA came out (which uses a lot of voices and recycled skins from others sides). What makes you think that in such a short period of time, they can make 3 civilizations, even recycling everything they already have? And here comes the second point, the last two images that they provided us, are clearly advertisements, and are full of recycled elements, the villagers of the Indian campaign, the mercenaries and units of the campaigns, etc etc etc. Because you see reused and recycled elements, it does not mean that they are planning a new civilization, and not immediately!

1 Like

The villagers are clearly Indian Vilagers ,as per the clothing , and I think they are from the Indian campaign , where the elderly person give a speech to Nanib, while there is a parade on the street.

Also as i started previously, barbary coast has its own intro song (just like usa ethiopia and the rest of the playable civs)

What would be the point in creating that if there was no civ.

1 Like

It can still be that they are adding maps with african native sites, barbary pirates could just be a minor civ.

7 Likes

The game needs an empire, like Morocco, not pirates. Also they had almost a year to make this DLC. aom is dead, aoe1 is dead too, aoe2 gets new civs with recycled content which takes no time to make, so there should definitely be a 3rd civ, and time can’t be an excuse.

6 Likes

As mentioned by others, they could be used in african native sites. They could also be new mercenaries.
Ofc you could also be completly right and we’ll get a third new faction to play as. I know what my preference is. :slight_smile:

So now from what I can tell Barbary states could be an alliance option and maybe the unit is something you can only train after a tech or card? Not sure exactly but this is my best guess.

5 Likes

Yea based on the recent DLC trailer, after you get the alliance you will be able to train them. I’ll break down the recent trailer shortly.

2 Likes