Bastion walls need a nerf

Yes, and by that time the dragoons are already behind the 2nd wall.

3 Likes

haha indeed
walls kill game dynamism
always

1 Like

Good things gendarmes don’t die.
I have sieged walls with goons shooting at me and still managed to get in and have fun killing vills.
Maybe with the nerf to the upgrade cards it won’t be that easy though

As the game is right now nerfing bastion walls would mean giving a lot of power to agressive civs vs more eco and def civs

Stacked layers of walls is definitely a discouraging sight that not many players enjoy building or destroying. If the devs can create a rectangular region that prevents walls from being built parallel to segments, I think that would be a good solution.

However, one layer of walls is not sufficient when cav and some other siege units can have really high HP. So if there were building restrictions put into place, walls would probably actually need more HP paired w/ a higher cost.

Why do you even list Grenadiers? You must be a new player if you consider Grenadiers. They are awful units and should never be used. There are always better units to build. Even with having a billion cards that somehow affect grenadiers and DE also introducing a new card, they are still terrible units.

Also who masses Pikemen or other hand infantry?

You’re just listing units with high siege damage. But in a real game you would never ever build a mass of these high siege infantry units. Only Opris and artillery.

Not true.
Grenadiers just blast away all other Infantry in Age 2, and are a good Rush unit. Mix in a few of them with Musks, and they will destroy a TC very fast.
Grenadiers only become weak when Skirmishers and Falconest enter the game.

Gendarme has too much hp to effectively stop their push. Once they in they will kill the dragoon.

1 Like

They won’t. Dragoons eat gendarmes alive.

1 Like

non, maybe ports but most do not.

I am pretty sure they do, since I use dragoons vs gendarmes all the time.

2 Likes