Beastyqt just beat Hera using Dehli

Hera is pretty bad at playing Mongols tho, he didn’t have enough games with them.

I saw the latter part of the second game (missed the opening), and there was a major skill discrepancy. Beasty landed several really big demo ship hits wiping large numbers of Hera’s units (in one case he sent vills to build a keep with a demo ship hidden in the river, Hera’s cavalry went to attack the vills, Beasty pulled the vills to the river bank and met them with a demo ship that wiped the entire cavalry force). Hard to draw balance conclusions with that going on. I don’t know about someone saying he went 8-0 with Delhi the rest of the day. I know he won 2. As has been mentioned, his streams aren’t archived so it’s not easy to go back and see what he did (as much as I’d love to).

Beast is definitely in the top 5 right now, meanwhile as much I like Hera is far from it.

He just won a tourney game with Delhi today against HuT’s Rus on KotH. He was playing really fast (very high APM) and took advantage of Delhi’s infantry walling and Feudal sacred site capture to get the win. He was prepared and executed a map-and-civ-specific strategy (designed for KotH and to counter Rus) to do it. So there are still clearly viable ways to play Delhi. I just think it’s more difficult than it should be, and probably half the strategies that SHOULD be viable for Delhi aren’t because key aspects are bugged.

Yes Beast is an incredible player and has a deeper understanding than others when it comes to maps, he thinks Delhi is actually A tier if they fix the bugs and I tend to agree.

I meant the guy played 10 years of high level Starcraft that is no joke.

I still think elephants need a buff. The springald nerf will help a little, but I don’t think they were the intended targets of the spearman/xbow buffs. I think they need to be more cost effective against units that aren’t cavalry (by which I mean less cost ineffective - see TheViper’s tests of MAA vs elephants… how does that make any logical sense?). I’d LOVE to see:

Sanctity just double gold
Early sacred sites tied to tower of victory only
Tower of victory just require mosque influence (not ToV specific influence area)
Tower of victory lets footsoldiers build mosques
Tower of victory also affects ships built from influenced docks
Dome of faith reduces costs of scholars, mosques and madrassas by 50% (not just scholars produced by dome of faith - balanced because early sacred site gold is now off the table with Dome)
Dome of faith boosts work rate of villagers under influence of mosque by 10% (also ok due to early sacred site gold off the table).

I think that would open up more compelling choices for different maps and play styles, and be in line with the devs’ stated desire to get the other civs inline with Mongols.

Just beat Capoch’s English on KotH again with Delhi in tourney finals. So at least on that map in 1v1, BQT seems to have a Delhi strat figured out.

It was a very close game and Capoch definately held the advantage at points.

The biggest issue with Delhi imo is that there’s so many bugged aspects that many things are harder for them to do than they should be.

For example he shouldve had that sacred site 2 min earlier, spearman are weaker than they should be cause hardened takes way too long to research etsc