Beat an AI opponent on "hard" -" extreme" difficulty in a 1v1 game

Game Version:

  • Build (####)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Can’t get any of the difficulty (hard-extreme) 1v1 achievements, EVEN WITH THE VICTORY CONDITION SET TO CONQUEST. Even this limitation is outside of the stated limits of the aforementioned achievement

Reproduction Steps:

  1. Played a variety of different 1v1’s, earning achievements for wins with specific races,but not the difficulty level EVEN WHEN THE VICTORY CONDITION WAS CHANGED
  2. I earned the LNY event for beating an extreme AI, but didnt get the steam achievement.

@anon63664082 edit: Be respectful of other forum users who are only trying to help you.

Anyway did you try doing the last Lunar new year mission (where you have to fight an Extreme AI) to see if it fails to work as well?

@RadiatingBlade edit: Removed off-topic commentary.

I clearly understanded his problem that difficulty related achievements can only be achieved when victory condition is set to conquest, but descriptions of achievements don’t mention this.
This is a bug.

More problem solving, bug is more extensive.

Same. I am also not getting the Beat an AI opponent on “XX” difficulty in a 1v1 game achievements. Even with the victory condition changed to conquest.

I’m only getting the civilization win achievements and the 1000 farms and the like.