Best civ voicelines (unit language)

Here we go. I personally find Tamil the best (Dravidians)

• Aztecs
  • Bengalis
  • Berbers
  • Bohemians
  • Britons
  • Bulgarians
  • Burgundians
  • Burmese
  • Byzantines
  • Celts
  • Chinese
  • Cumans
  • Dravidians
  • Ethiopians
  • Franks
  • Goths
  • Gurjaras
  • Hindustanis
  • Huns
  • Incas
  • Italians
  • Japanese
  • Koreans
  • Khmer
  • Lithuanians
  • Magyars
  • Malay
  • Malians
  • Mayans
  • Mongols
  • Persians
  • Poles
  • Portuguese
  • Saracens
  • Sicilians
  • Slavs
  • Spanish
  • Tatars
  • Teutons
  • Turks
  • Vietnamese
  • Vikings

0 voters

1 Like

I voted for the Franks based on pure unbiased nostalgia.

Bûcheron !

1 Like

Frankish villagers just sound so jolly. But yeah, Dravidians are my bois (and girls). Yina Cartalay (or however that is spelled)! Honorable mentions go to Teutons/Goths, Celt and Japanese war cries, and Malay for being verbose (Yasa kuka baginda).

2 Likes

Going with Mayans since Aztecs don’t actually speak Nahua

Shastimban

2 Likes

about nostalgia, celts attack me on heart.

Brobuigia
Too!

I really like Aztecs, Spanish and Malay

Its prob because of how much nostalgia I hqve with AoC and with the fact that Gajah Madah is my fav campaign

In general most voices are pretty great

Voted for Aztecs either way, I love how aggressive their kilitary units sound

1 Like

Do one about civ themes? (Civ songs, the long ones.)

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hmmm, such a hard choice since I like so many of them. I like Malay, Khmer and Vietnamese because of the sing-song quality they all have, I find Britons kind of hilarious, I like Mongols/Huns mostly for the Monk, plus Japanese, Mayans, Tatars… Going to have compare them all in game before I vote.

By the way, don’t some of these have the same voicelines? Teutons/Goths, Mongols/Huns, and I think maybe Byzantines/Italians as well?

1 Like

my bad. Either is not very important, just vote for the civ that you find earlier

Please. I’d really love to see the long ones

Not the best but on the topic of voices the worst for me are italians and byzantines. They both talk latin but neither of those should

1 Like

Portuguese sound funny to me. Farei-lo-ei!!! which makes no sense in portuguese xD But still it’s funny. Cortar madeira!

But my favorite is Britons no doubt. Yay?? Choppa! Mandatum?

1 Like

yeah along dravidians ports is my fav

1 Like

Anyone who hasn’t voted Vietnamese is wrong.

1 Like

Mande? Construir. Spanish of course!

2 Likes

A thing I like about Vietnamese is that they speak to you addressing you as “your highness”.
On the other hand, I can’t stand either Dravidians or Gurjaras voice lines, I’m not sure which one though, I can’t remember very well.
After a while I have to turn off the speakers.

I’d go with any of the AoE3 civs, the voice acting there is so much better. Honestly to the point I’d make a mod with AoE3 voices in AoE2.

Tamil language is very good, i also didn’t like Gurjaras voices

Yes Greek for Byzantines would be more appropriate.

But it was a large empire. Combined with the Southern European architecture, I mostly imagine the Byzantines as representing Byzantine (Southern) Italy around 600-800, with large fleets based in Venice and Bari. I could be off with the dates a bit, but then it makes sense.

Oh and I voted Tatars :slight_smile:

even in italy byzantines spoke greek. they were culturally greek as well, to the point that italians considered them more like new invaders then liberators after the goths. besides, no one in italy spoke latin besided the church dudes. italians really should not even exist as they are an ugly unhistorical umbrella atm