Best Eagle civ

I think Incas could use an eco buff instead. It’s fine if your Eagles are the worst - someone has to be the worst anyway, and they have Kamayuks that are really underrated instead.

If it had to be a military buff, I’d just either make Andean Sling baseline and replace with the old Couriers tech, or better yet - have Couriers improve movement speed of Eagles, Slingers, Kamayuks, and Trade Carts!

Best Eagles are obviously Mayans since they are much better generalists. If it were against Archer units only, obviously Incan Eagles are the best, but the moment you mix in different units I’d prefer Aztec or Mayan Eagles.

2 Likes

incas eagles are actually exceptionally strong vs cav archers.
Not many talk about that, but I think it’s an important thing.
Incas have so many tools against many different units, that’s their identity. They don’t need a super strong goto unit.
Obviously Incas often have the problem with gold running out in the lategame, they could have gotten a tech called like “el dorado” that replaces part ot the Gold cost of their units by food. Basically a different version to the malians civ bonus that increases the number of gold units you can make. That tech could replace andean sling.

And mayans… yeah El Dorado is a stupid tech imo. I wouldn’t mind f it’s gone.

1 Like

It’s sadly kind of an oxymoron, because while true, Eagles still can’t really kill a Cav Archer mass. They do the best out of other meso civs, but there’s a reason pro players generally do Cav Archers vs Eagles.

I guess if they got a movement speed buff, they would do much better against Cav Archers too. :smiley:

The Incas and Mayans compete for the better compositions with them, but the Mayans edge it out by having the stronger Eagles. Kamayuks are an amazing compliment, and one that is quite frightful when massed. They compete with cheap arbalesters, and raider archers, which also well support Eagles. Aztec Eagles are dangerous, particularly as a key component of a very dangerous civilization but I would go Mayans>Incas>Aztecs on this one. On maps like Arena, I might just put the Aztecs ahead of the others.

1 Like

Mayans…Incas…Aztecs… … …Ghulam

mayans then aztecs. they need a bit nerf

Pretty surprised most people voted mayans tbh. I mean they got the best eagles long term but aztecs 1 tc eagles is way better and that’s the better eagle play anyways.

Probably that’s why, at least how it’s worded. It’s not ‘Best Eagle play civ’, where Aztecs would likely have more votes for.

Well to me the best eagle civ has the best eagle play and not the strongest eagles in sceanario editor otherwise there’s no need to make a poll as far as I see it.

Chill. We all know that Aztec Eagle play is very dangerous and being on the other end of it is challenging, even if you know what is coming.

Mayans are probably the strongest overall. That being said, Mayans die hard to High-PA melee units like Huskarls and Malians’ Champions, where as Aztecs and Incas have pretty good answers to that. All things considered, I think Mayans are the best eagle civ, with Incas being a second place for me personally, and Aztecs third.

1 Like