BETA + Pre-order AOE4?

Hello.

Dear developers, don’t strain us anymore.
Let us play Beta now. I have already pre-ordered the game and a lot of us.

So I want to try the game as soon as possible. Let us all know how the game will run, let me have time to improve my computers by October 28th.

The time soon has long passed.

5 Likes

Yes. I have already pre-ordered too, i hope they will give me a beta key soon .

2 Likes

While I do get that you wish to check how well the game runs, pre ordering has nothing to do with beta access. What does is being an age insider. It seems both your names in the forum ar enot shown as such, so please check out the infos on the age insider programm for !Possible! beta access.

The fact the beta still isnt here though I also find lacking.

3 Likes

They’ve to release the beta soon like in a week or two honestly or they will lose a lot of valuable time getting important feedback from the community. I’m though getting worried that they don’t want us to see the state of this game right now, due to bad publicity if they delay it as long time possible but hopefully this isn’t the case here.

1 Like

Hope you are right . This waiting for the beta is getting old

1 Like

I 100% agree on the absurdity with the “Beta is coming soon” since months ago… but WTF is this demanding tone? “I pre-ordered the game, so give me the Beta key now”.

Please calm down, if they have not released the Beta is because it’s still not the moment. Maybe they have not finished it with all the intended features, maybe they want to test only a few late-development things and want to make only a big performance test more than a features test. Don’t forget that they have that sort of a “council” with many God-knows-how selected AoE community-related people. So the game has surely been already tested by them.

I think we should blame on the absurdity of announcing that “Beta is coming soon” (smh) so early instead of demanding “give Beta now”. Let developers work and give us the game/Beta they want to.

5 Likes

I agree with you regarding the pre order give me beta argument, however what I fear is that when companies doesn’t want players to get hands on the game so close to the release and we are getting there with AoE4 in terms of beta then it’s either that they aren’t ready or that they are hiding things from us that they don’t want us to see that might impact the pre order sales.

It’s less than 4 months left so they don’t exactly have time to wait on releasing the beta if they want to get as much feedback possibly from us. Let’s hope that we get information soon.

2 Likes

well iva been saying this for around a month now, they already lost valuable feedback, but they DID quickly react to the fan preview feedback, so maybe their focus now is on E3 feedback and after that we will get to play beta so they can focus on Beta feedback. I dont like that type of planning, surely you could get more feedback and still be able to do it, but I get their approach, I think.
Itls like balancing units in online games.
You could change all at once, but you wont know if your changes work then and how they are perceived.
If you change it bit by bit you get much further feedback on the things you changed, and what else needs changing. I get that.
Also that they didnt want to spoil civs before E3.

I just hope (and expect) they wont wait for gamescom (August) to start the beta

2 Likes

also seeing the current state in beta can NOT lead to bad publicity. there is an NDA, we could only talk with other players - and they also see the same game^^

1 Like

I was referring to open beta but perhaps they won’t do that. Otherwise I agree but still why the wait?

They can’t possibly get enough feedback if they release it so close to release and let’s not forget about they need time to analyse and perhaps change the game based upon the feedback which also takes time.

3 Likes

Ah i see. No, I expect if there will be an open beta it wil be VERY close to launch as a mass stress test. but I doubt that will happen somehow.

And Yes, they need the time to adjust to feedback aswell.

But there is such a thing as too much feedback, as written in my example it is possible the devs chose this route to not be overwhelmed by feedback. maybe. Maybe its something else.
As I already said - if the beta doesnt start now, or at least with the beginning of july, I think it will be wasted.
for 1) the time to implement feedback will be lower and
2) players have much more games to play then. So the actual beta games played count may very well be lower aswell.

but in the end, its their decision

2 Likes

Yeah you are right let’s hope that they know what they are doing, they can’t afford any more negativity around this game as it has gotten a lot of it.

1 Like

Haha I completely get your fear, but don’t worry mate. As I said, there are already some AoE community people testing the game, so I wouldn’t expect a disaster at launch. And just compare it with most big games in the industry: a lot of them don’t release a Beta or a demo either, and that doesn’t mean that they are hidding something, at least most times.

I really think the feedback they expect from us when the beta finally comes out will be basically regarding performance and gameplay bugs 99%, maybe a little balance tweaks, too. That’s why they will probably be fine releasing the beta just about three months before launch, polishing the overall experience until then. AoE IV has probably been already mostly finished for some time imo.

3 Likes

I preorder it too and cant wait for the beta. :smiley:

1 Like