Better MAP Editor?

A lot of people like to create their own maps. But with the old editor, the map creation was not so much comfortable. Will the new AOE DE game include a better map creator?

What was uncomfortable about the old editor? The one currently in AoE2HD has not changed that much from what it was in the original AoE.

I would just like to see triggers available for better scenarios like the age 2 trigger system or better. The editor itself was actually fine to use imo, but if they added triggers and other newer scenario tools it would be awesome :o

Unfortunately they will not add triggers.

I liked the old map editors in AoE and AoE2. AoE3, I couldn’t for the life of me figure it out. I agree maybe add advanced functions like triggers. But if it breaks the game don’t change too much.

I like the map editor for Age of Empires 2 most; Age of Mythology, and even Age of Empires 3 had good map editors for the basic map creation. The biggest problem became coding the AI and adding triggers, especially in the newer games. For example, the AI files Age of Empires 3 were all labeled generic names which no one outside ensemble could know the contents of without going through massive lines of code.

I’d like an expansion of the map editor so it has more features, like triggers and such eventually.

Keep it simplistic as it is, not the new Aoe 3 model, but with more options and trigers.
Something like Heroes would be a nice edition, where we can make our own units and add them into the game without much modding.
This would make game much more popular as there are people who want to play their own way, not way it was designed…

Map creation with the old version was very easy. I remembered when the game game out (I was six years old) and figured out the map editor very fast. The only thing missing (now that I am older) are triggers. That would be awesome indeed.

But, considering that there is still a community of AOE-ROR alive and kicking on http://aoe.heavengames.com
Adding new scenarios and maps very often. It would be cool if there was a compatibility with the old maps and scenario’s are playable in the new version. A lot of scenario building hours wouldn’t get wasted. :wink:

@LegoVogel said:
Map creation with the old version was very easy. I remembered when the game game out (I was six years old) and figured out the map editor very fast. The only thing missing (now that I am older) are triggers. That would be awesome indeed.

But, considering that there is still a community of AOE-ROR alive and kicking on http://aoe.heavengames.com
Adding new scenarios and maps very often. It would be cool if there was a compatibility with the old maps and scenario’s are playable in the new version. A lot of scenario building hours wouldn’t get wasted. :wink:

Old scenarios will be compatible with the Definitive Edition.

@qweytr24 said:
Old scenarios will be compatible with the Definitive Edition.

:’( <- Single tear of happiness. :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t really used the AoE editor apart from making my own cities and such, is there script support?