Biggest surprises?

I think I’ve done more specific analysis on the Kipchak than anyone (sorry Spirit of the Law, haha); and I was shocked by this change.

They had an identity, and now its split in half. Kipchak are only useful against noncavalry units; they’re useless against Knight civs. This makes them worse raiders, and even worse against Knights than they already were. If we gave them a meaningful firing rate to compensate, or Bracer, I’d be fine with this change. No Bracer with already pathetic range is a no-no for the unit design.

1 Like

Fix Cavalry Archers and give Cumans bracer NOW!

I think Kipchak birthday gift (nerf) was bad. But if devs nerfed like old Mangudias maybe devs make Kipchak quality unit not cheap unit by buffing it and adding gold cost.

I read the changes, my biggest surprise was disabling double clicking on villagers. I loved it.

1 Like

Yeah this is a Great QoL buff,i mean that wall fix might literally have the biggest impact over time for me :joy: like almost every single game where i built a wall i had it glitch on me.

Yeah! Would make their CA a ton more viable on top of fixing the kipchak.

I thought we would all be. But apparently some of us aren’t for some weird reason (@MatCauthon3) We should shun them (just joking :grin:)

Would love to know where it came from?

Like they were sitting around and trump said “you know what’s dumb? The way the kipchak fires arrows from the horses head, what’s the easiest way we can fix this?”

1 Like

I think its good that Cumans got nerfed, since lately their feudal boom has been starting to get obnoxious in 1v1 arabia. Even high level players sometimes struggle to stop it.

Biggest surprise to me was that there wasn’t any big updates to the AI.
This is sad for the whole single player community.
This certainly wasn’t the biggest update for single players.

3 Likes

Personally didn’t see the wall leak anywhere (might have been there), so I was surprised by that

But the Leitis nerf was a little bit surprising to me as for the balance surprises

1 Like

The Khmer nerf
Scared because they literally toke some of my ideas on how nerf the, well done.

The Chieftains cost is kinda Unneccesary lo, at the end you need a castle to get that.
Malian Gbeto buff, was neccesary?

I was most surprised by the quality of life improvements. (walling, vill selection, cancel from global queue, maybe even more.) It was a pleasant surprise :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was surprised that the Italians was the only civ that didn’t receive a new bonus (good the GC buff though…) among the list of low tier civs that we often talk about here (portos, koreans, tartars, turks) that do receive a completely new bonus each (along with other adjustments…).

it could just be a case of “they have received so many buffs lately lets see how the meta fits in before we change italy further”

i mean they even took that free archer armour that might have worked for italy and given it to korea… so the only other “easy” change would be the dock discount/age up modification

No no I agree, I was just surprised.

I mean, of course we need to see how the new GC work (they could reduced the cost of the elite upgrade too though…), and we saw that the condos are in a balanced spot, but still…

Well, there has been a lot of suggestions, and there were a lot of potential bonus or other buff, however let’s wait and see how they’ll perform.

1 Like

I was a bit surprised they didn’t make any significant changes to generic (non-unique) units in an attempt to make the castle age meta more diverse, which now mostly consists of knights and crossbows. No CA, steppe lancer or longsword buffs. On the other hand, they keep trying to balance Khmer, Goths and Portuguese time after time.

I still like what they did, I find Battle Royale fun to play and it’s great that we keep getting new content for free.

1 Like

ah yeah definitely! ill be optomisitic for now and imagine its because they’re trying to decide if they will buff the elite tech to justify the cost or just reduce the cost and keep it sucky

yeah i forgot this was surprising as well they had no changes yet… i still havent tried em, but the tatar SL get a slight buff with their UT. but nothing game changing…

haha yeah this one… like i think they kind of have an impossible situation…

the as you mentioned with the knights and xbow, goths have neither, so you have a civ that doesnt do the meta very well, and now you need to buff it and keep its identity… like either they need to just bite the bullet and change their identity, or they change the meta to allow a cheese pure infantry civ to be viable

Maybe, I mean the elite upgrade it’s more worth since it further reduce the training time, but it’s still a lot.

1 Like

i find it funny how something like the GC has literally only been buffed since creation… and they still havent managed to get it right… while other units have been buffed to become OP and then nerfed to become useless and the buffed to become decent… (like the leitis has had a roller coaster of a ride, useless, possibly OP and now possibly UP or balanced… )

2 Likes

I think they are really good now.

Italians have had 3 major problems: Condottiero, GC and lack of bonuses on land. Two of them have been fixed successfully.

The 4th made GC good, actually. On the other hand Elephant Archers have got like 7 buffs, but still useless. 11

1 Like

ah yeahthis is true! haha i forgot about them! yeah far suckier than GC.

i admit i havent tried italy yet, only faced them and due to no buffs they kind of died too early to see the GC used…

I think they fear that they would ruin any cavalry civs, but yeah, with some other UU they didn’t mind to make them OP.

Condos are fine, as for GC it could have been better (and it still can), but I’ll take what I get.

2 Likes

My biggest surprises were Indians and Italians which remain civs for one game mode only, but the patch was spectacular :slight_smile:

1 Like