Black Screen when trying to open the mods menu

Game Version: i asked in discord how to get it and noone responded >:(

• Build: same >:(
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Stitch3s712

Issue:

When trying to open the mods menu, the screen just goes black. music still plays but I’m unable to do anything, so I need to restart the game. This happenes since today (05.05.20) and has never happened before.

Reproduction Steps:

it’s not like that for everyone but just open your mods menu

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark:

3 Likes

why cant you see my mouse in the screenshot

1 Like

I press the mods button in the main menu and only a black screen pops up. I still can see the coursor with the in-game texture, but I can’t do anything only press Alt-F4 and restart the game.

Does anyone else have this problem too?

1 Like

Hi guys, i have exactly the same problem. It is also since May. I have enabled only 1 mod (the smaller trees, i dont know the name). The mod is working (game has smaller trees), but the mod menu cant be opened: screen goes black, music plays, the game is stucked and need to be killed.

I think it started ca at the same time when the game had the “broken update” which could not be installed, because it was missing some dll library or what.

The issue is super frustrating. Please take a look at it.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 101.101.40220.0 5438859
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: HugheJarse

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

When I attempt to open the mods menu the game fades to black as it normally does when switching menus however it remains black without ever properly loading me into the menu and I am forced to restart the client. It is worth noting that the music still plays in the background during this and that I used to be able to open the mods page just fine before but this started happening 2 weeks ago with no changes being done on my part.
It’s also worth noting that I downloaded 3 mods during the period in which the page was working fine which are:
-Small trees
-Building Grid
-Build order scenarios

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Open the client
  2. Click on the mods button in the main menu

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

It’s just a black screen so there’s nothing much to take a picture of