BLACK SCREEN with background music and mouse pointer AFTER INTRO

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 41855
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Here is the problem I’m experiencing… After the intro scene I get a black screen with music playing in the background with aoe2 mouse pointer. Main menu doesnt show at all. I cant click on anything just do the hard Alt+F4. Even when I Alt+Tab to window it is still black screen … when i alt tab back the game just crashes.

I tried everything and i really mean EVERYTHING…but the problem is still persistent. I was searching for help on many forums… but there was no real solution to this and this issue is REALLY OLD dating back many months ago for other users … but still happens to me after i bought this game a few days ago???

But i figured this out. I had the newest nvidia driver there is.
The ONLY thing that worked was me reverting my nvidia graphic card drivers back to version 446.14 (27th May) because the next newer version 451.48 (24th June) begins this problem.

BUT and this is another problem that im not gonna discuss here further but still… having that 446.14 version causes diagonal screen tear when im scrolling in-game.

But my main issue, that i want to really solve, is this black screen after intro.

Is this some Nvidia pre-10X0 series mobile graphic cards (like my 970M is) issue???

My specs:
Intel i7 6700HQ 2.6GHz
Nvidia Geforce 970M 3GB
8 GB RAM

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Launch the game with nvidia 970m card with newest drivers
  2. Skip the intro
  3. Black screen with background music and aoe2 mouse pointer

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Main Menu on my screen

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

Basically I cant do anything … nothing to click on only just Alt+F4.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

none

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

Black Screen.png and dxdiag.txt attached

DxDiag.txt (97.3 KB)

SOLUTION: just DISABLE nvidia graphics card in DEVICE MANAGER … and voila everything works even under new drivers … the problem is the game is running under integrated graphics …and thats shi… SHAME ON YOU DEVS FOR NOT FIXING THIS AFTER SO MANY MONTHS