Blast Attack Levels not working as intended

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 40874
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Blast attack levels 4-7 are supposed to give a unit a Logistica/Druzhina style of blast damage, with 5 flat damage instead of 100% damage. This is the reason why most infantry units have their blast level set to 6, to benefit from Druzhina as intended.

This however does not work, and the units that are affected by Logistica/Druzhina style of blast damage is completely hardcoded. Giving an infantry unit a blast level of 2 or a cavalry unit a blast level of 6 won’t change the style of blast damage they have.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

As an additional request, it would be nice if the War elephant 50% blast damage and the Battle Elephant 25% blast damage could be blast level values instead of being hardcoded to unit ID.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Change Blast Level for Berserk to 2.
  2. Research Druzhina.
  3. Try to attack a group of units : blast damage is still a flat 5 instead of being the value of the unit’s attack.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsxYth_pSCsnwkaQDgxiq2EeqYBK?e=WnpGy2

5 Likes

Thank you for this report! I’ve passed it along to our team so they can take a look at the units and see what can be done. The detailed description is much appreciated! :+1:

You’re welcome. For complementary information, I have compiled below how blast levels work in UserPatch and how they should in DE :

0 - Damages resources also
1 - Damages tree also
2 - Damages nearby units
3 - Damages only targeted units

All these work fine on DE. The following ones don’t, while they do in UserPatch :
4 - 7 Logistica style : same as 0 - 3, but with the added effect that blast damage is always a flat 5 damage, regardless of armor
8 - 11 War Elephant style : same as 0 - 3, but with the added effect that blast damage is 50% of the attack instead of 100% normally.

Suggested new one for DE :
12 - 15 Battle Elephant style : same as 0 - 3, but with the added effect that blast damage is 25% of the attack instead of 100% normally.

2 Likes

I assume no changes have been made to this yet? correct? (asking because I’m updating my unofficial list of bugs and checking if old issues are still here)

It seems that the bug has not yet been fixed.
How long should I wait?

11 How the turntables

The person who reported the bug became an official dev in the mean time, while Evangelos recently stepped down from his position.

2 Likes

Don’t you mean ‘how the tables have turned’?

Its a meme from the office TV show :smiley: