Blood, Ice & Steel Act III: Manor houses do not spawn a settler

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 21704
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

In the first story mode campaign’s (Blood, Ice & Steel) act III, instead of houses, the player builds manor houses, which cost more wood but would spawn a settler when built. However, the settler does not spawn.

The manor house works as expected when playing with the British in skirmish, but not in the campaign with the United States faction.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start the campaign mission “Race for the Rails”. The total settler count is 21.
  2. Build a manor house

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

A settler count would increase by 1, total 22 settlers.

The bug was mentioned in passing in this comment, but I’m not sure if it was added to tracking as well: https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/bugs-feedback-based-on-patch-10807/113873/4

The SPC civs never had the British manor bonus. If it was a bug it’d’ve been fixed by now.

That is not exactly true. The settler spawning worked in the original AoE3. The only reason to remove it would be that it was a really unbalanced advantage, but it isn’t. And had they changed it on purpose, there isn’t any logic in just removing the settler spawning, but leave the greater cost. And, they would have removed the sentence “Spawns a Settler when built” from the info text as well. So it definitely is a bug, just a bug that has been ignored.

The campaign was too easy with that villiger though…

It also seemed strange to me that it did not create a villager when it was built, especially considering that the houses cost 125 wood