Boars losing their aggressivity when passing on a building foundation

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.39418.0 (#104954) 13464958
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Boars losing their aggressivity when passing on a building foundation and the foundation is targeted by villagers.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Make a boar angry by attacking it with a villager, run, place a foundation “on” the boar, right click it the foundation.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Gaïa’s “evacuate foundations” behaviour should not be prioritised over aggressivity. Boars should evacuate the foundation by running towards the hunter villager.

1 Like

Hi @NamedMallard425
The team is investigating this issue, thanks for the report :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This has been a so called feature of the game since forever. Not sure if anyone considers it a bug

I think you’re mistaking it for when you place a foundation over an animal.

the posts clearly explains that its attacking a boar and placing a house on it and start buiilding. and he expects the boar to keep attacking

im pretty sure someone is mad they cant pull off the house trick when luring boars from far away, whats next?

reporting a bug where scout blocks boar when luring 12 boars in black forest?

And they “fixed” it today in new patch, i wonder how many good players will lose a vill without knowing it and curse the author of this topic 11

1 Like

That’s a different bug (which would cause the boar to stay put in the new spot instead of going home after being de-aggroed). The boar will still be de-aggroed (but won’t stay put if you’ve lured it across half the map so far)

oh true, i just tested it to confirm and you are right, de aggro is still working.

So this is what was fixed in the update #107882:

" * Placing a building foundation on top of a Boar-like animal no longer prevents it from returning to its original location."

I didnt understand the difference, was the boar stopping without the vill attempting to build the foundation?

When the boar de-aggroes, it will start going back to where it spawned after a second or two.

There was a bug where this did not happen. So the boar would just stay in place after de-aggro (you could effectively “pause” your lame or long distance lure)

Got it now, thanks.

1 Like

@Felizon89

Please see the demonstration of the phenomenom below. It is still in the current patch.

Isn’t that what I was talking about before? Aggressive animals lose their aggressiveness if you try building over them, and you clearly started building that foundation before it moved.