Borrowing the game from another steam account, no ranked or dlc

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 100.14.43676
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Before the game became free to play my family members borrowed the game from my steam library to play, so they had access to all dlc and ranked play. Since the update now let’s you play the game for free ranked play is locked to them and all dlc is locked

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

(ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Have borrowed the account on steam
  2. install new update
  3. now game appears in the free to play version, no access to ranked or dlc.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

If borrowing the full game you should have access to all the dlc, ranked play and features.

2 Likes

removing “smurfs” from the game intentionally or not from ranked play is 10000% best thing that could have happened to this patch

7 Likes

good for high ranked players maybe but not good for people that legitimately used the feature.

Tell them to buy it…
Its honestly not a bad decision to remove smurfs and banned people completely from the game.

https://www.ageofempires.com/news/new-trial-comes-to-aoeiii-de/

5 Likes

@OriginalKnot717 update on this ,
They are currently talking to valve about fam sharing the game.
Will update you if i hear news.

2 Likes

We need family sharing back i used to share my accounts with my cousins they all play casual games with each other no cheating no using accounts in ranked just casual games against computer AI why force us to stop playing the game like this?

1 Like

just each buy the game and all play together?

5 Likes

In most circumstances with family sharing it’s for young siblings/cousins etc that want to play, it doesn’t make sense to buy the game 5x over and all the dlc when steam has this feature for this reason. I understand that in some countries the game is very cheap but for many people it’s still an expense to buy the game once let alone several times for other siblings that probably don’t even play that much or just sporadically.

2 Likes

This is the right time for your friends and family to try the game. Share this with them. Let’s grow this player base to keep receiving the love this game absolutely deserves!

It is a one-time investment, but one they might even thank you for. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Correct and smart reply

Because it’s a steam issue, that breaks fam sharing, once a game is free to play.

1 Like

Are developers talking with valve about fixing this issue?

Yes they are talking to valve, if it is fixable :slight_smile:

Any update on this? are they working to fix it now?

These has been no information anymore about this. I will try to communicate this to you all

2 Likes

Any recent updates on this issue or news of a fix? Since it’s been a while since the last post update, I reached out to support and according to their response: “This was an intented change with the Age of Empires III Trial version’s release. You have to purchase DLCs separately in order to use them on different accounts, Game Sharing no longer works on this title.”. Is this the final word on the matter, then? Thanks a bunch.

If that was their response, then so it will be.

2 Likes

At least it limits smurfing I guess.

2 Likes