Brainstormed new Civs: Poles, Bohemians, Georgians

Ha, these people complaining about imperial age bonuses. Don’t they know that most games finish in Feudal age because of stupid scout rushes?

In such a case, the Finno-Ugric umbrella civ would ideally coincide with Estonia, Northwest Russia and the present day Finland.

Just having an umbrella finns including all is more than fine.

1 Like

If we get that the civ must have bad trash units (Spears and Skirms) to compensate that and force players to use the Imperial Hussar (Which must be expensive to research).

And regarding Winged Hussars, God, they aren’t a proper unit to AOE2, they were created late 16th century but used extensively at 17th and 18th centuries, they fit better for AOE 3.

3 Likes

You’re right. It’s a pity people don’t get it. Poles are not only Winged Hussars :wink:

But you can make a small bonus especially for Poles - a unique Hussar model. It would have a different appearance, closer to the Polish Winged Hussar.
It would not affect the operation of this unit. Just a different look.

4 nations (or more?) in 1 civ :blush:

Good ideas.

Please can you provide me with more detailed information about “Bohemian famous sieges”? As Czech I am curious because I am not aware about any such famous sieges :slight_smile:

Hussite warrior sucks as a name. Call it Hussite Flailman at least.

Name yourself that :wink:

Just like teutons slavs and indians :wink:

Well, unfortunately it has to be like that.

Teutons, Slavs and Indians are too big umbrella civs. Each one with one umbrella hides some possible cool civs.

Finno-Ugric peoples are too small to be represented individually. One umbrella civ is enough for them. This is the only way we can introduce them in this game.

2 Likes

Your Pole civ is pretty bad. They are basically Lithuanians but with more consistently better paladins on late game and their bonuses and UTs overlap too much with Franks, Cumans and Malians.

Some ideas to fix them:

-Replace their eco bonus and free husbandry
-Cavalry +1 attack at castle/imperial age chsnged to Melee units +1 attack starting at feudal age (pwithout including villagers, everything else will probably be fine)
-Imperial age tech makes knights return part of the gold cost.

Also theres no point at a medium cavalry with bonus against cav but weak against arrows when Leitis exist. It plays off in practically the same way so give them something else. The UTs names are pretty bad imo and the imperial age UT of the Georgians is useless. Everything else is fine

I don’t understand. You said Winged Hussar “were created” in late 16 century and can’t appear because it was too late, but 18 th century Gbeto is fine ?

Me and many others propose Winged Hussar as UU because they have really huge advantage over many other Polish soldier - they were really really cool - and that is really important argument in creating new civs, units etc.
It’s just a proposal and speculation. We don’t know if the new civs are coming yet, if one of the are Poles and if Poles are coming to game, devs already picked they UU(s).

I think those Civs seems to be OP.
Also, Bohemians should be Infantry/Siege/Gunpowder.

I had once idea of umbrella civ for West Slavs (Wends), but should not be very hard to made those two from it. So:

Poles:
Cavalry Civ
Bonuses:

• Farmers move faster 10% in FA, 20% in CA, 30% in IA
  • Monastery cost only 100W
  • Villagers in LOS of Monasteries, Castles and TC have +4/4 armour
  • Cavalry have +4 Cavalry Armour

Team Bouns:

• TC, Castles and Monasteries +2 LOS

UU:

• Pancerny - Cavalry 60F 60G
    20s TT
    100/140 HP
    1 MA
    3 PA
    ATK 10 + 6/ 12 + 9 vs Cav
    1,7 RoF
    1,35 Speed

Unique techs:

• Current Defense - Spear-line and Skirms +3 atack in LOS of TC, castles and monasteries 300F 300G
  • Wici - Knights and Pancerni trains 30% faster 500F 400G

Tech tree:

Barracks -all

Archery Range:

• Missing Arb

Stable:

• Missing camel-line (and SL, and BE)

Siege Workshop:

• missing SR and SO

Dock:

• missing ECG and FFS

Monastery:

• Missing Heresy

Castle - all

Market - all

Blacksmith:

• Missing last infantry and last archer armor upgrades

University:

• Missing BBT, Heated Shot,

Economic upgrades all

Bohemians:
Infantry and Siege Civilization.

Bonuses:

• Siege units move 30% faster
  • Barracks cost 100W
  • Barracks Unit upgrades cost 50% less
  • Siege Engineers free (Like it)
  • Heresy free

Team Bonus:

• Converted enemy Unit is impossible to convert back by 3s

Unique Techs

• Four Articels - Monk Faith regeneration rate increased (+30%, stack with Ilumination) 100F 100G
  • Taborites - Scorpions and HC gain +5 vs cavalry 500W 400G

UU

• Husit Tabor Wagon - Siege (can garrison like ram, infantry speed it up, archers boost firepower) 120W 80G/Elite 1000W 800G
    HP: 150/200
    Atk: 6 (mulitple arrows, min 3)
    Bonus +9 vs cavalry
    Range: 5/6
    Frame delay: 10
    MA: 0/1
    PA: 3/5
    Rate of fire: 2
    Speed: 0,8

And another UU, Halb Upgrade

• Heavy Halberdier 550F 750G
  • 10HP, +2ATK, +1MA

Tech tree:

Barracks -all

Archery Range:

• Missing CA-line
  • Missing Thumb Ring, Partian

Stable:

• Missing Paladins, Hussars, Camel-line
  • Missing Bloodlines

Siege Workshop:

• Missing SO

Dock:

• missing FFS, Heavy Demo
  • missing Shipwright, Dry Dock

Monastery:

• missing Redemption, Herbal Medicine, Theocracy

Castle

• Missing Hoardings

Market - all

Blacksmith:

• Missing last last Archer and Last Cav armor.

University:

• missing Arrowslits, Keep, Treadmill Crane,
1 Like

Also, ROFL at people suggesting only Georgians and Armenians for a Caucuses DLC and no Azerbaijan! :smiley:

Is there a case for any civs from today’s Russian Caucuses? Chechens? Circassians? Or are they too small?

I suggested Abkhazia in addition to Armenia and Georgia (in another thread) :slight_smile: Was more successfully independent than it is nowadays (so this way we can pick if we want a representation of the early medieval period, or the late medieval)

1 Like

One think to note of the famous “Polish Winged Hussars” of King Jan III is that they were not a medieval unit, but a Early Modern Era unit (late 17th century to be exact), so adding the same armored winged Hussars modeled off of King Jan’s famous hussars into AoE2 would be anachronistic.

So…when I created my Poles civ theory, I threw in an infantry UU instead of a cavalry one because (1) it is difficult for me to imagine what “Polish Hussar unique unit” would be, that is historically accurate for the medieval period AND is differentiated enough from the regular Stable Hussar and the Magyars’ civ own UU, the Magyar Huszar. Plus, there are a lot of cavalry UUs, and I thought, “why not include a infantry UU for Poles?”
Especially as the Polish-Lithuanian Army at the Battle of Grunwald did contain a significant amount of infantry, despite the Poles being famous for their cavalry in both the Middle Ages and the Early Modern Era.

Where did you get +8 Atk from? I only had +2 Atk from regular Civ bonus and +2 more Atk when researching White Eagle Imp tech, for a total of +4. This is the exact same as the Lithuanian bonus when they collect 4 relics and garrison them inside a Monastery.

Telling me that it is “pretty bad” hurts my pride, because I did put some serious thought in creating these. :cry: :laughing:

But yes, in hindsight, I do see my theoretical Poles Civ being a bit too relatable to Lithuanians. And I could change “White Eagle” Imp tech to “Knights return 33% of their gold cost” (basically what the Burgundians were going to have, but 33% instead of the intended 50%).

As for Georgians, I figured something more defensive in nature, and to also stack up with the tech Masonry and Architecture, as as a nod to the fact that the Byzantines influenced medieval Georgia a lot.

I have considered that possibility, but my reasoning in why +5 villager attack to military units would not be that OP is because of the intense micro required in always selecting villagers to continue engaging an enemy soldier.

I think that Azerbaijan would fall under the representation of “Tartars”, “Cumans”, which are already in the game. Maybe even “Persians” since the region of what is Azerbaijan today used to be an Ancient Persian province: " According to a modern etymology, the term Azerbaijan derives from that of Atropates , a Persian[31][32][33] satrap under the Achaemenid Empire, who was later reinstated as the satrap of Media under Alexander the Great
And it seems like Azerbaijan was dominated by the medieval Persians and the Turkic peoples during much of the medieval ages. Azerbaijan - Wikipedia

3 Likes

No, this is a crap bonus, useless