Brasil server and team games

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: Current
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Age of Empires II DE

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

Why are so many team games played at the Brasil server, even if no one is from that region? Almost all of these games are laggy.

I think there is something wrong with the algorithm to determine on which server a team game is played, which result in Brasil in too many cases. Many games with just player from the EU are played on Brasil server for some strange reason.

I think the devs needs to have a look at the algorithm behind picking a server. In the past there was also a match making bug where it for one team picked the average elo and compared this to the sum of the elo of the other team. The result was unbalanced team games. I feel like such kind of error is also made in the algorithm to pick a server, with the result too many games are played on Brasil server, even if there are much better options.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Join ranked team game queue and have a look at the server on which the game is played. If it is Brasil, it is almost always laggy.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dropping when playing on Brazilian server