Brazil/Bolivia?

That Brazil has such a large player base gives it an enviable advantage. :pensive:

One question, if the decision fell on you, what would be the second civilization you would add?

I believed he was Portuguese. I remember he was an AoE2 modder. Didnt know he was a dev now.

Yes, but both were empires… on the other hand, in South America you only have the Incas and maybe Peru-Bolivia?..

Yes, I think that AoE 5 or 6 (if 5 is colonial) has to be yes or yes in the 20th century covering everything from 1914 to 1991 and then with an expansion expanding it from 1870 to 2035 (which by then would be the near future, since the game would come out in 2027-2033)…

Yeah, Brazil and Argentina are the countries with the most Latin AoE players (Argentina also has several AoE youtubers and streamers: NachoAoE and Capoch among others in AoE 2 and Foquitamann in AoE 3 and AoE 4; and also being a little humble, I stream all the saga)

Well both countries speak Portuguese…but Portugal doesn’t have that many AoE players…AoE is popular in European countries (in America, the United States not so much) and in third world countries (Latin America, Nigeria and Vietnam in the case of AoE 1)…

1 Like

Argentina would make the most thematic parallel, Colombia has the most popular appeal though.

1 Like

Colombia or the Great Colombia? Regardless of the above, I prefer Colombia or Greater Colombia over another European civilization.

Argentina is a wild card, thematically it can be added along with almost any South American civilization :laughing:

I was testing WOL and I wouldn’t be surprised if the vast majority of Latin American players are playing the mod instead of AOE3DE. :laughing:

PS: I loved the Argentine civilization and the new South American maps, it’s a shame that the WOL Modders don’t want to port it to DE, but it’s understandable, it would be a herculean job

1 Like

Gran Colombia is a neologism, the country has always been called Colombia, it just had a lot of states seceding.

Well, it helps that a very good portion of the Latin American players literally can’t run DE. We might be better without WoL in DE, the mod is truly showing its age designwise.

well regardless of that, I really hope to see South American civilizations in the game, I’m sure they will be better designed regardless of their origin. :wink:

2 Likes

Yo detesto que agreguen civilizaciones del siglo 19 para jugar en las primeras edades, es ridículo, imaginen un peruanos o bolivianos vs incas ¿Viajaron 300 años en el tiempo a matar a sus abuelos?

A mi me hubiera gustado que los incas en tercera edad se transformen en el virreinato del Perú, y obtuvieran algunas unidades españolas como el lancero, el conquistador y la artillería, y que en cuarta edad pudieras elegir entre el virreinato del Perú, el virreinato del río de la plata y el virreinato de Nueva Granada. Y dependiendo de lo que elijas cambiaría la nación de tu quinta edad, el virreinato del Perú sería Perú, el virreinato del río de la plata sería Argentina y el virreinato de Nueva Granada sería Colombia. Y así se hubieran evitado enfrentamientos ridículos como mexicanos vs aztecas.

2 Likes

El pretender que el las colonias españolas descienden directamente de el imperio Inca me parece hasta de mal gusto sabiendo que el mismísmo imperio coexistió con el Virreinato por al menos un siglo. Ni hablar que las poblaciones de habla quechua nunca se incorporaron mucho a lo que fuese el Virreinato o, bueno, el mismo Peru.

2 Likes

¿De donde sacas que el imperio inca continuó 100 años con el virreinato? El imperio inca cae con la llegada de Pizarro, todo historiador serio te va a decir que el imperio inca cae en 1533. Y si, todos los Hispanoamericanos descendemos de España y de los distintos pueblos indígenas. Somos países meztisos. ¿Porque dices que un peruano no desciende de los incas?

Pues porque… los Inca de Vilcabamba es algo que es de común conocimiento (?)

Ahora el decir el por qué los peruanos no descienden del imperio Inca ya es perderse en discursos patriotas e ideas de construcción nacional. Los peruanos descienden de (algunos) de los pueblos que habitaban el Tawantinsuyu, eso es seguro.

Decir que Peru es una continuación del Imperio Inca sin embargo… ahí ya entraría a dudar.

2 Likes

Eso no es el imperio inca, hasta se los denomina neoincas, y no duraron 100 años después de 1533. el imperio inca cae con la muerte de Atahualpa eso no es discutible.

Como vas a decir que los peruanos no descienden de los incas. Obviamente también descienden de otros pueblos indígenas y el nacionalismo peruano sólo le presta atención al inca por ser el más emblemático. Que los incas se hayan mezclado con los españoles no quiere decir que no hayan sido incas.

Yo nunca dije que Perú es una continuación del imperio inca, Perú es producto de la conquista española del imperio inca

Y me parece que lo que dije es menos descabellado que ver peruanos del siglo 19 combatiendo con sus ancestros del siglo 16

cackles in Guarani civ getting the option to revolt into EITHER Paraguay or Bolivia instead of a normal Imperial Age up

he’s Brazilian and had worked on both AOE2 and AOE3 mods prior to working at FE. if i am not remembering wrong he’s the only member from the WOL team that works at FE?

1 Like

Paraguay: Cartridge ammo card type deal for your own units dieing or more one like the spanish get for conquistadors in age 2 that never gets used but ships more the more archaic units you lost?
Afterall the war of the tripple alliance was one of the most bloody wars per capita, though then again the thirty years war also never got really mentioned in cards beyond tillys discipline from the church card so maybee better not.
Then again the Napoleonic era french also got the 100 days card i believe which ships muskets but lowers their stats?
There’s also imo a problem with these, rewarding the player for playing badly, as in failing to rush or all in and waste his army.

Both…

In the game the name of the revolution is called “Gran Colombia”…so I suppose that if any CIV DLC comes out it will be called that…

Yes, but an Argentina-Brazil dlc closes better (just as you have the USA-Mexico dlc), with an Argentina-Brazil dlc you have a federal republic and an empire of different languages that fought against each other…

That’s true…

Sí,pero es lo que hay…cuando metieron a Estados Unidos como civ (que en sí ya aparecía en la campaña Acero del juego original) abrieron las puertas del Tártaro para que metan cualquier civ de la época)…

Claro, son civs que simplemente ocuparon el mismo territorio, pero en distintos momentos históricos…en AoE 1 tenes a los sumerios, asirios y babilonios que ocuparon los mismos territorios y tenían la misma cultura o idiosincrasia, y sin embargo son civs completamente distintas…

Oh how great, although it would have been nice if the entire WoL team had joined FE, since they know the Bang Engine very well and they could have even been used to make civs for AoM Retold too…

1 Like

No más descabellado que ver incas aliados con hausas peleando contra japoneses en el Decán