[Brazilian Portuguese Translation error] - Chinese Mastery

Hello there,
I’d like to report a localization problem regarding the 10th chinese mastery challenge “Iron Cannons” in brazilian portuguese (ptbr).
It’s written in ptbr: “Derrote 40 inimigos com armas de cerco posicionadas na Torre do Relógio Astronômico antes de perder 20 dessas mesmas armas de cerco da Torre do Relógio”
The word “posicionadas na” means “positioned/placed on” what gives the wrong idea of what is supposed to be done. So the brazilian players might think that they should keep the siege engines close to the astronomic clocktower to defeat the enemies.
Maybe the localization could be: “Derrote 40 inimigos com armas de cerco construídas na Torre do Relógio Astronômico antes de perder 20 dessas mesmas armas de cerco”. Here I changed “posicionadas” for “construídas” which means that the siege engines must be built at the astronomic clocktower.
I would even consider removing “da Torre do Relógio” from the end, because It doesn’t affect the idea and improves phrase structure.

Best Regards,

Daniel Guidi

Thank you @TheLycia! I always appreciate hearing from native speakers on what can be translated better. I’ll make sure the localization team sees this.

1 Like