British general discussion

Um…I didn’t mention Aztec.
Better explain why the game became like this from my example? especially 3 and 4.

For Lakota, it was to make age2 aggression more like an allin. Also lakota could do a very powerful villiger boom in age3 with baby dance and the adoption card.

For aztecs, the reasoning is similar.

wasn’t a nerf, it was actually a buff, because the tribal marketplace thingy is now free.

Brits have like 2 or 3 age 2 unit shipments, Lakota has a lot more than that. Stop taking things into isolation, otherwise changes will always make zero sanse to you.

They were a soft counter for the unit that was supposed to counter them.

Too strong, needed a nerf.

Both Aztec and Lakota can make big villager boom but it always comes too late in the game.
And event if you try Brits will outboom you greatly.

What are we comparing really? Brits can boom and mass units at the same time, most other civs can’t do it.

I am really wondering are u joking due to this is obviously talking black into white
But from my experience before I don’t think you are.

1. Lets make all civs need 50w more for the gold mining level 1 PLUS they need to build tribe market to buff them. XD

2. Brits has more vils shipment, so their vils card should be 2 vils for age1, 3 and 4 vils for age2, is this right?

3. Manor too strong, need a nerf. (Russia never appeared in the S tier from many players tier list since DE but kept getting nerfed, and still being considered too strong because this card is above average, next time need to nerf age2 5 cav I think? LOL)

BTW I dont think British is first priority OP civ, Sweden is the problem now with giant gren and hakk.

and I finally knew that why the game balance is still ruining the game due to even I showed all obvious status that A unit is lower average but people will still say A is OP.

Your understanding on the matter is clearly limited XD

It might be that the tier lists people make on forum are not what the reality looks like, maybe…

Does it come late though?
Aztecs and Lakota could simply play extrenely aggresive in age2 while still booming behind that aggression, while the opponent had to turtle. This is why their vilager shipments and/or unit shipments were cut out in age 2.

Can brits really boom and mass units at the same time? I don’t personally think that is the case. The mass unit part comes when they finished their boom and can invest the vilagers into units. In any case, that boom takes a while, and letting brits (or any other civ for that matter) boom unchecked is an obvious l2p issue. The average FF 2falc timing of most civs will end brits staying in age 2.

Remember brits need to either send VC or gather insanse amounts of wood (or ship wood). That is at least 2-3 shipments that go specifically into the boom. Vilager shipments do not pay themselves off imediatly, so these take a ramp up time to invest into the unit mass.
And then you still need to do double or triple TC in age3 in order to finally hit that vili cap really fast, so it really takes time to do all that, time in which you generally hope your opponent is sleeping.

1 Like

So, you are saying that Aztec/Lakota can mass units and boom at the same time in Age II while Brits can’t? Well, I disagree so much that I don’t think any agreement can be met here :smiley:

For me VOD provided by Kevin is a proof. Brits can have 40 vills and 25-30 military units under 8 minutes while being under heavy pressure. It is just too good compared to other civs.

1 Like

I’m not saying aztecs and lakota could boom behind aggression.
What I’m saying is that aztecs and lakota could keep up both villiger numbers and units, which allowed them to snowball into the later games. And i know this cause i used to do this with Lakota over and over and over again. And now i can’t. Who knows, maybe I steamrolleed the wrong dev lol.

I don’t generally comment on single games. They are statistically insignificant.
Having 40 villigers and 25-30 units at 8mins mark isn’t particularly impressive for a boom civ. It may end some civs yes, but others can deal with that just fine. Brits have favored match ups and disadvantages in some match ups. This is how balance works in this game. Nerfing brits won’t change that in any way.

It looks like a chat of fat retirees

There is absolutely no doubt that among the civs that aren’t Ports (Feitorias) and Sweden (Hakkas) ruining the ladder games, Brits are on a power trip of their own. Case in point is the recently concluded legacy tourney where Brits were indubitably and consciously always banned among the pro players, even ahead of broken Delis (Otto). Ask anyone who isn’t biased or mains the civ, they’ll be sure to tell you the same.

You shouldn’t be able to have those age-up times, with that eco, and snowballing into that right-click-your-base/cannons mass and favorable outplay-me-or-die-trying matchups across the board, anymore.

5 Likes

I am not pro but I also think British is strong.
I think as long as the player has basic concept would know which civ is really OP or UP, but sure people are always bias and don’t want their love civs to be nerfed.
We can see the bottom tier civs seldom have people to redress them.

Return to the problem, The game is rather balance that rush civs have strong early game and eco civs have strong middle/late game. However the rush civs are nerfed too much due to most remaining people playing the game don’t want rush game, this is so simple that eco civs will become strong now due to rush civs only get nerfed but didn’t get any buff for the mid/late game.

3 Likes

Any idea to make GMT card more useful?

One of the following:

1. Arrive fast
  2. Reduce the price of all tps
  3. Greater research time reduction
  4. Also reduce the price (should be a much smaller ratio)
2 Likes

Perhaps give a slight xp boost to any trading posts built after the card is sent.

I have a question about that card. Does the acceleration occur when the wagon comes out or does it wait until the trading post is built?

When the trading post you build with the wagon is destroyed is the benefit lost or does it continue?

I believe it’s per trading post constructed. One way to buff it could be to make it increase the build XP of constructed trading posts.

1 Like

Bump to try and see if anyone knows the specifics on the card mechanic. I don’t have a good feel for how it works beyond the direct benefits not the things related to the build/destruction. The card description doesn’t really say how that portion of it works.

There’s more info in the patch notes:

“Ships 1 Trading Post Wagon. Each of your Trading Posts improve Politician and Technology research time by 20%.”

• Trading Post research speed improvements scale from the current rates, not the base value i.e., stacks diminishingly. That means research time can never reach 0, even after more than 5 Trading Posts.

https://www.ageofempires.com/news/age_of_empires_iii_de_update_13_690/

Sounds like it’s per trade post built, so there’s no effect before you build one, and you lose the benefit when the trading post is destroyed.

Thank you for the try but the answer to the question doesn’t seem to be in the notes. It makes a big difference in the value of the card. If you ship it later it will have to be in an exposed slot unless you specifically save one closer. It is more exposed to interception which totally kills the card if the wagon is killed. If it’s in an exposed spot it needs to be defended or the advantage is lost.

If the benefit does not occur until the tp is built if it sits far away it will be significantly delayed. You won’t get the benefit of the card. The only time I’ve had the ability to practically send this card is while I’m aging. Before that you are pressuring, being pressured or setting up to age. If you send it while aging the wagon will never appear and be built to have any advantage.

That is similar to the way other wagons operate so would be no surprise but it is not clear by the notes.

The end result is if it isn’t sent early it likely will never be sent. It would be more practical if the advantage occured once the wagon popped out. It is fine to be able to lose it but it should be active whether it is a wagon or a tp.

I’m not sure what is confusing you. It is pretty clear from the notes that it’s only for trading posts actually built.