Briton Rant

saracens on a closed map like BF? tartars? how? with keshik? aztecs with the most fragile eagles and missing the final archer armour?

sure man you’re a big man you can move along

Thanks

Well, that’s why I added the term map-depending. I guess you wouldn’t pick these civs on bf (I really have no experience on bf whatsoever) but saracens and aztecs are completely fine against any civ (including britons) on arena, for instance. Saracens got that trio of FU skirms, FU hussars and siege ram which is really effective vs britons and aztecs eagles are fine until the briton player switches into champs (which is pretty likely in that matchup past a certain point) but then you have other options. And, yes, their skirms lack the final armor but the atlatl upgrade makes up for that. Considering Tartars: extra pierce armor hussars and cav archers, FU skirms and siege ram. Keshik might also be an option because of their 3 base pierce armor when elite. But you’re right, it doesn’t make sense to go for them on bf (no mobility, no eco bonus past early feudal) but they have one of the best late game armies vs. britons.

Aztecs have siege ram+ Eagles or SR+atlatl skirms. Tatars have siege ram, keshiks, extra pierce hussars and cav archers.
Saracens are perfectly equipped for BF with almost all siege, arbs, hussars, cav archers.

Ofc on open maps, Britons can beat a lot of these civs with their excellent castle age

1 Like

Siege Rams, knight line, gothic huskarls, genitours, vietnemese crossbowman, elephants (especially khmer as they are faster) all are hard counters to massed long bows. If you frequently see Britains, practice as a civ with a decent counter. Also, whilst the British ELB can snipe onagers, they have to be paying attention, a single onager shot is enough to take down 15 long bows or arbalasts.