BROKEN PERFORMANCE - DEVS ARE YOU EVEN THERE?!

AOE2 DE STEAM

• BUILD #: 4#####
  • PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…

• Online lobbies: super laggy at 3-5 FPS; often freezes on civilization selection; frequent crashes to desktop in lobbies without error reports
  • Multiplayer games: every time someone ages up, freezes for 1-2 seconds; when game approaches 100+ pop or 20-30 mins, a snowball effect of lag occurs; everyone is effected but more so on my machine; I fall around 2-3 minutes behind, cannot move units, cannot sling, barely can scroll; takes around 60 seconds to resign
  • happens on all maps
  • happens even in spectating a normal game at very low pop! dark age!

PC Setup:

• I7 9750
  • GTX1660 TI 6GB
  • 16GB 2600 MHZ
  • SSD 500 GB
  • windows 10
  • no firwall; just windows defender

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

EVERY ■■■■■■■■ GAME

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

just play the game and see

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

see link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rOuh4VUydP6rW_uz_bNHaVy6trDicvfv?usp=sharing

I had the odd lag 1-2 / month previously in ludicrous maps! Or michi or crazy pop 4v4 BF matches… I never had this lag before. Everything was smooth; buttery ■■■■■■■■ smooth.

I’ve gone through all your support forum directions.
Reinstalled all drivers; windows 10; the game; tried different internet connections!

This is a problem on the GAME SIDE! You’ve done something to it and now the performance is just horrendous!

Can you at least acknowledge the community about your stance on this? Give us a basic time line… 1 week, 1 month, 6 months? Like ■■■■■■■■… just silence. So annoying and disappointing.

14 Likes

They are in vacation due to the christmas celebrations.

2 Likes

It was release November 17 the anniversary patch.

It was obviously broken on so many levels immediately after patch release. Check the forums.

Imagine releasing that, then walking away…

Why not revert it back to the more stable state?

6 Likes

because they do no wrong duh

3 Likes

The more they work on the game the more unstable it has become, that is a fact.

They want to add balance breaking civs before they even make performance stable.

Remember the Malay bug ? The Ethiopian bug?

Update 36906 was a disaster, you think they would have upped the quality control protocol before releasing…

5 Likes

i have the exact problem you described here

2 Likes

damn did Christmas holidays begin in November for them what lucky ducks

1 Like

Don’t worry the new DLC will fix everything after you’ll buy it /s

4 Likes

The fix for me was to turn off Record Games. I’m not sure if it’s possible to turn off Ranked Recordings, but for Custom games this definitely did the trick for me. My GPU usage does not dip every 15 seconds anymore (presumably that was the Record Game File updating?).

It ran better with Record Games off, but still sometimes a freeze here and there. Now I’ve uninstalled Malwarebytes and the freezes are all truly gone!

1 Like

Interesting. I’ll try this and see if I can replicate results. Man, there should be an option to not record ranked games.

fake news doesn’t help thanks tho

The Record Game only partly improved performance. Disabling Malwarebytes (or any other active 3rd party anti-cirus) fully did the trick for me in the end. You can try that as well?

my fps dropping to 2-3 after 40 min on everyone 3v3 4v4 i cant play team games for 2 month. please we need a fix, this silence is very very annoying like you said.
-same problem, when someone advanced age game freezing for 2-3 second,

2 Likes

I’m having this exact problem as well. Just occurred randomly yesterday after I had previously been playing with nothing similar occurring. Not sure what caused it or how to fix either.

I have the same issues. Can’t play mp since two month now. Thx DE

2 Likes

Deleting all files in my %temp% folder fixed my problem.

1 Like