Broken TG elo pairing system (VS two 1v1 2k and TG 3k ! )

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.56005.0 7694700
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
This is rather a pairing system bug than a game UI / mechanics bug. These players are both ranked in the 1v1 and TG ladders respectively so smurfing is out of the question in this case. We only waited for 3 minutes so it’s not even a matter of the server not finding us an even match because the waiting time wasn’t even that long. I’m just dazzled. I would expect to get paired vs players up to 1800 in TG and that would be totally fine (even if they are 1300 in 1v1 queue for example).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Queue a 2v2 game.
  2. Get paired vs two 2k players (1v1) and 3k TG ELOs.
  3. Leave the game.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Getting normal elo players (we are 1k and 1.6k in TG).

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
2v2_VS_two3kPlayers_Gary_Doomster.aoe2record (826.1 KB)

If the high level player team is in the queue for a certain time, they get any match. (5 min or more i believe)
The low level player team does not have to be in queue for a certain time at all.

It’s not optimal, but it’s not a bug.

Also there there are instances of not premade teams each, were the teams would be more balanced, if some players would be swapped.
e.g.
team 1 is 2500 2500 2800
team 2 is 2400 2400 2600

The players with rating 2800 and 2600 should be swapped for sure, because they queued up independently for TGs without a premade group.

bro tg ladder is broken since release