Buff slingers so that players remember they exist

Yes I understand Slingers are now underperforming, but there are unit lines in faar worse positions, like the literal mainstream counterpart to Slingers themselves, the Hand Cannoneers, don’t you agree?

Let’s first buff HC to where they’re actually better than Arbalests in killing Infantry and are not so weak to basically everything from Archers to Light Cavs, and even mass infantry, actually.

1 Like

Just because I want a visibility change to Slingers doesn’t mean I think they exclusively need it. I practically said so by making it clear that I don’t think it even has to be a “buff” so much as an adjustment that hardly matters just to get it back in the minds of players.

That precludes, and is irrelevant to, the balance changes of other units. Units aren’t changed one by one, they’re done two dozen at a time in patches. You could sneak in something for the Slinger without somehow denying whatever unit you think needs help from getting it.

thats why you donno much about it’s use case. you have to use it against infantry!

I wish there was an “imperial Slinger” upgrade.
It should just improve them slightly:
+1 attack, +5hp.

This wouldn’t make them OP in any way, but might make them a little bit more viable to be used in Imp.
However, Inkas are at a good point right know and Slingers are very useful in the castle age.

Inkas have a very good follow up:
When they open with MAA into Archer they can easily transition into Eagles in Castle Age.
When the enemy starts to make Swordsman to counter the eagles they can build Slingers from the Ranges that they already have…

Slingers are Castle age HC. Their logical evolution would be HC but they wont have them. Slingers in Imp are a good unit considered even better than HC due to better accuracy.

No need to buff a viable unit just because 1 pro player didn’t remember that Incas aren’t a carbon copy of Aztecs. It’s his own fault.

Players like Yo or Viper utilize Slingers very well.

5 Likes