Bug: Archer Micro Broken Now

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 83607
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

When you attack with an archer group and kill a unit, if there are other potential targets in range and you do not manually micro to attack them, your archers will walk forwards and spread out towards the dead unit you killed for one second prior to stopping again to target and fire on nearby units.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. create mass of 30 crossbow and an enemy mass of 30 pikes patrolling towards them
  2. manually select targets while not running away to attack the first three pikemen, then stop microing crossbow.
  3. Watch as your ball of crossbows spreads out and walks towards pikes prior to their next shot even though they could stand still and still have plenty of targets to hit.
    4.) After they have studdered the next shots will work as intended. (they’ll stand still and pick targets as long as potential targets are in range).

((feels like there is a secret Move command behind your clicking a single unit to target fire, and after killing the unit your unit starts on the move command before “remembering” they should shoot new targets instead of walking towards them when acquired))

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Xbow should kill units as you target them, then when you stop targeting units as long as there are still units in their range they should stand still and shoot rather than walk towards and spread out.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

I think I have the same shit on previous patches as well:

After right clicking (target firing) an enemy unit, i needed to keep doing that in time for the next unit. Or the archers will occastionally move command to enemy group, after finishing a kill.

Fixed!!! Thanks Devs!

1 Like