- GAME BUILD #: 101.101.45340.0.0
- GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
After attacking a boar from a certain tile (see picture attached), so that the shortest way to the villager involves a 1-tile-wide path between Trees and Stone, the boar will avoid the narrow path and take a longer one instead, often going out of the villager’s sight and thus resetting.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
- Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)
It is rare, but it can be replicated easily and it did annoy me during a game.
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Go to the editor and set up a map like the one shown in the picture: a tree and a stone tile with a 1-tile gap between them, and then set up a villager on one side trying to lure the boar that is in the other side.
The boar should take the shortest way towards the villager, between the tree and the stone.
a) Real game situation in which it happened:
b) Layout of the bug replication in the Map Editor. (Note that, if attacked from the tiles to the right of the starred one, the boar is able to pass through)
c) Map Editor recreation of the bug:
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)
Real game in which it happened (minute 3:50):
MP Replay v101.101.45340.0 @2021.03.13 110027 (3).aoe2record (1.9 MB)