Bug: Building walls+gates

Also notice how when I sent my mangonels with a group of scorpions to attack a building… at min 30… the scorpions would block the path of the mangonels and would not let them shoot.

Going forward like one or two minutes. One mangonel of his killed three mangonels of mine that were not on the same plane. It would be understandable if only one died and two were low hp… but all of them dead?

I’m getting this bug too, and happens in the same conditions as this!

I had this issue with a horizontal (----) stone gate today.

Can confirm this is a thing. Also experienced it. No matter how many times you force click it refused to build.

Also happened for Memb, this seems like a consistent bug

https://www.twitch.tv/membtv/clip/ ClumsyOddCrabsNotATK?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: Latest
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

When a villager is building a palisade wall and then proceeds to build a sideways palisade gate, it will get stuck and walk back and forth in one tile and never get to start building it - you have to delete the gate and start over to unfreeze the villager

Quite annoying : /

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

https://youtu.be/vr0Qq7XFFCI - 9:50 in this video

• Build: 39515

Villagers will not start building diagonal gates. Have had this in multiple games. Not sure if it makes a difference if you’re building over existing walls.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Build diagonal gate.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

4 Likes

Same bug for me, you cant imagine how much game i lose coz of this bug i send a villager building a gate for finally see he dont have build it even if i retask him multiple time he refuse to build it,sometime i destroy the gate then rebuild it so its work sometime not. I get this bug from last udapte and many other different bug who look like the gate bug,like auto reseed farm who dont work so the villager stay next to the farm or sometime go away,or unit who refuse to attack when i right click on ennemy unit, they just stop attacking then freeze for some seconde before attacking other unit

Same bug for me, you cant imagine how much game i lose coz of this bug i send a villager building a gate for finally see he dont have build it even if i retask him multiple time he refuse to build it,sometime i destroy the gate then rebuild it so its work sometime not. I get this bug from last udapte and many other different bug who look like the gate bug,like auto reseed farm who dont work so the villager stay next to the farm or sometime go away,or unit who refuse to attack when i right click on ennemy unit, they just stop attacking then freeze for some seconde before attacking other unit

I can confirm this too. I had the problem with a vertical (like this > | ) stone gate. Villagers refused to build it so I had to delete and place it down again

EDIT: the stone gate which bugged out was placed on stone wall foundations, thus replacing them

The bug is super repeatable if a vertical or horizontal palisade gate is replaced over a section of palisade walls. The palisade walls do not have to be built, they can be any % constructed. As long as the foundation of the palisade wall has been placed, placing a palisade gate over it will cause it to bug out every time. Of course the follow up is to delete the un-buildable gate and rebuild it, which works because now there is no palisade wall underneath it.

The workaround of course is to always manually delete your palisade walls before attempting to build a vertical or horizontal palisade gate.

2 Likes

This happened to me too the other day, needs to be fixed asap, walling correctly and quickly defines games, this isn’t a small issue

• Build: Game version from 12.08.20 (auto updates)
  • Gamertag:

:question: Describe the problem in detail (below). Please limit to one issue per thread.

Villager incapable of building diagonal Gate at minute 10:45
Villager apparently hammers down for a split second, then thinks its build? and helps building stable, then goes back to the gate and bugs out, by the looks of things the gate is Schrödingers Gate, Its build and not build, the foundation seems occupied by the gate (hence the message) and not build at the same time.

:question: List the steps to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

1. Build a Diagonal Gate
  2. Be unlucky
  3. Get angry at villagers

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE of the game where you encountered the issue.

:question: Attach a SCREENSHOT, VIDEO, DXDIAG .TXT FILE, or CRASH/GAME LOGS (if relevant).

• Build: ######
  • Gamertag:

When my vills try to build a gate that is rotate 1/8 they bug out and can’t start building it. I tryed to quickwall with gates 4 times and 4 times they couldnt start building the gate.

1. make a diagonal wall and build a gate i it and try to start building it.
4 Likes

I’ve seen this happen on Hera’s and Viper’s stream once each, and happened to me as well. When it happened to me I noticed it after the enemy marched in while my vil kept dancing instead of building the gate…

I found a way to consistently make it happen 100% of the time with a vertical gate. Build the gate and right click it multiple times with the villager(s). Make sure they’re far enough away so they have time to walk before building it so you have time to right click it again, it happens even with a single right click, but make sure you have the villager(s) selected the whole time or it might not bug out. If they’re right next to the gate they will start building it before it can bug the gate.

Yup this happens to me almost every game, I’m basically at a point where I avoid building them at any cost haha. The only way I’ve found to fix when its bugged is delete and replace, it’s way to much of a hassle when my attention is needed elsewhere.

Thank you all for the reports! ICYMI, this issue should be resolved as of the August Update:

Let us know if, for some reason, it continues to be an issue after downloading the latest game build!

Thanks again! :+1:

1 Like